Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 118

Thread: Howling fans at last night's game

  1. #31
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    Quote Originally Posted by P.E.R#14 View Post
    If I honestly felt your opinion on this had to do with the purity of the game, I might buy this. Your posts are consistently negative and you just seem to be unable to enjoy anything that is fun about this season.

    There were 10,000 people in the stands maybe, and almost as many dogs. We won, our magic number is 10 in mid-September. Just TRY to enjoy it.
    So you would be OK with fans howling, non-stop, every game?

    BTW, I'm enjoying things just fine, thank you. Until I have to turn off the volume so I can watch the game without hearing the howling or Thom and Welsh stupidly encouraging it.
    Last edited by malcontent; 09-12-2012 at 10:40 AM.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,293

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I just prefer baseball without the quality embellishments that allow some to maintain interest.

    And would actually like to focus on the game. Does that seem bizarre (to you)?
    Can you not focus on the game with some noise? How do you handle it during playoffs when the park is crowded and really loud? The players are probably glad to have people there finally this season, and appreciate those who stayed late enough to make some noise. I dont like the wave or participate in it, but if others enjoy it and want to, who am I to judge them on that? Have fun Reds fans!!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  4. #33
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Can you not focus on the game with some noise? How do you handle it during playoffs when the park is crowded and really loud? The players are probably glad to have people there finally this season, and appreciate those who stayed late enough to make some noise. I dont like the wave or participate in it, but if others enjoy it and want to, who am I to judge them on that? Have fun Reds fans!!!
    Just curious. Do you think the fans doing it are actually into the game? At all?

    To answer your question: I think it's one thing to hear the roar of a crowd that's actually into the game.

  5. #34
    Member P.E.R#14's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    248

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    So you would be OK with fans howling, non-stop, every game?

    BTW, I'm enjoying things just fine, thank you. Until I have to turn off the volume so I can watch the game without hearing the howling or Thom and Welsh stupidly encouraging it.
    No one would be ok with people howling non-stop at every baseball game. that's not what's happening here, plus I'm pretty sure that's why they outlawed bath salts.

    No more troll food for you.
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

  6. #35
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    Quote Originally Posted by P.E.R#14 View Post
    No one would be ok with people howling non-stop at every baseball game. that's not what's happening here, plus I'm pretty sure that's why they outlawed bath salts.

    No more troll food for you.
    Not a troll.

    If you don't want to hold your position...

  7. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,293

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Just curious. Do you think the fans doing it are actually into the game? At all?
    If they are there 5+ hours it is not up to me to determine but I would assume to some degree at least-they were there, we were not-so I give them credit. Just a few years ago the stadium would have been empty for the end of this game. Would like to hear some players reactions to it and see how they felt (I bet most enjoyed it, even if annoying)-thats all that matters in the big picture, the team.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  8. #37
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Would like to hear some players reactions to it and see how they felt (I bet most enjoyed it, even if annoying)-thats all that matters in the big picture, the team.
    I'd be curious about their reactions.

    It could catch on. It did in Cleveland. Browns fans are stuck with it for the foreseeable future.

    Logo. Team name. Dog masks. Barking every game.

    What's not to love?

  9. #38
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    One other point.

    If the Redbirds make the playoffs....they won't be doing it in St. Louis.

    They'll be into the flipping game.

  10. #39
    Nerdvana Annihilation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    152

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game


  11. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,293

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    One other point.

    If the Redbirds make the playoffs....they won't be doing it in St. Louis.

    They'll be into the flipping game.
    I think you are too easily bothered.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  12. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    906

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    its not golf. I would expect nothing less than some noise. And the reds have been dominating the division all summer and people still look for something to complain about.

  13. #42
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I think you are too easily bothered.
    Possibly.

  14. #43
    Member P.E.R#14's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    248

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Not a troll.

    If you don't want to hold your position...
    Roughly 5-10,000 restless fans sticking around on a week night in the 14th inning of a baseball game. Things happen. Go with it or start watching bowling, I'm sure you'll find something to gripe about in bowling, but thankfully it won't appear on this board.


    Go Reds!!

    Magic Number is TEN!!! Great things are happening in Cincy. WHO CARES ABOUT HOOTING AND HOLLERING? I do. CHEER THEM ON! Wooh, Whooooh, Wooooooooooooooooooooooooh, whooooooooooooooh!



    You have to admit, it's better than a stuffed monkey!
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

  15. #44
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    Well, it's not original, if that's any consolation.

    Though I did like (yes, P.E.R#14), I did enjoy some of the comments posted.

    http://deadspin.com/5940688/pnc-park...ture-boy-calls
    Last edited by malcontent; 09-12-2012 at 12:46 PM.

  16. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    cincinnati
    Posts
    55

    Re: Howling fans at last night's game

    I LOVE the Howl!!!! I hope chuck-dee "superfan under the smoke stacks" and the 70s pornstar keep this one going!!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25