Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/12/12 Pirates at Reds

Re: 9/12/12 Pirates at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    yes!

They sweep down this lane that is sort of like a bowling alley. But I honestly have no idea what the goal is.
    I think the goal is to get it to go as slow as possible... lol

(No clue, really)
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    What happened to the hitter there?
    He tried to bunt couldn't reach the pitch out. He moved out of the box trying to reach it and they called it a strike...he made it difficult for Hanigan to catch the ball, but Hanny handled it perfectly. Nice call, very nice execution.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I thought the discussion about Chris Speier's role at the end of the inning was interesting. Not much is said about the coaches.

Focus on the Reds calling a pitch out there was also informative. Pitch out on a squeeze play. I liked that. One of the guys said the Reds seemed to foretell some things in the Houston series too. Interesting.

Man on third can score on a wild pitch and infield hit, man on second is different. I can live without that one again.
    I thought it was notable given the stat he gave right after showing that Burnett led the league wild pitches recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I thought it was notable given the stat he gave right after showing that Burnett led the league wild pitches recently.
    Fair point.

Homer over 100 pitches. He's lost out on wins lately in close games, I'm guessing Dusty runs him out there for one more inning.

Ludwick leadoff double
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I thought the discussion about Chris Speier's role at the end of the inning was interesting. Not much is said about the coaches.

Focus on the Reds calling a pitch out there was also informative. Pitch out on a squeeze play. I liked that. One of the guys said the Reds seemed to foretell some things in the Houston series too. Interesting.

Man on third can score on a wild pitch and infield hit, man on second is different. I can live without that one again.
    It could have been a smart hunch on Speier's part or it could have been as simple as someone stole a sign

Ludwick putting the bat on the ball tonight

I think Ludwick has gotten out of his slump.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Ludwick leadoff double
    Get him over...

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Boy, the Pirates just can't catch a break. Looked like they would finish over .500 easy. Now, not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

A long out by Bruce moves Ludwick to 3rd.

Bruce with a deeeeeeep flyout to center, Ludwick tags and goes to third.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It could have been a smart hunch on Speier's part or it could have been as simple as someone stole a sign
    I think they implied Speier has been picking up signs because they pointed out Houston had a few blown hit and runs here.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    A long out by Bruce moves Ludwick to 3rd.
    Get him in...

Rolen sac fly to left

2-1 Redlegs

Turn Off Ads?