Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/12/12 Pirates at Reds

Re: 9/12/12 Pirates at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Welsh tells us why it's good for the Bucs that Presley is on third rather than on second.

Enough.
    Did he really? I thought he said at first how big it was for Presley to get to third.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wouldn't mind seeing Dusty rest Broxton and Marshall both tonight. Chappy is out of course.
    On the pregame show, Dusty said he wanted to rest Broxton tonight since Yost told him he's not that good pitching 3 straight games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I knew something would happen when Homer was pitching from the wind up

Welsh tells us why it's good for the Bucs that Presley is on third rather than on second.

Enough.

And the squeeze backfires.
    I don't understand your point here. Should Welsh just not say anything because some people already understand the benefits?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Reds guessed right. Pitch out on a squeeze play.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

What happened to the hitter there?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I don't understand your point here. Should Welsh just not say anything because some people already understand the benefits?
    It's game 144 I believe. Chris has told us dozens and dozens of times that a man on third is better than a man on second.

Maybe new viewers are tuning in to the Reds-Pirates on a Wednesday night in September who want to hear about the benefits of a man on third.

I'd prefer some new commentary and different points to be made.

Momentum changer!
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Barmes flies out to center. Inning over.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    What happened to the hitter there?
    I'm not sure he knew it was coming. He sure didn't move to get out of the way much.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

It's game 144 I believe. Chris has told us dozens and dozens of times that a man on third is better than a man on second.

Maybe new viewers are tuning in to the Reds-Pirates on a Wednesday night in September who want to hear about the benefits of a man on third.

I'd prefer some new commentary and different points to be made.
    There's only so much original commentary you can come up with in 144 games. Baseball is a simple game. If you're looking for original commentary, you're not really going to find it after a few weeks.

Perhaps you should tune into curling and let me know how that goes. That's a sport I haven't figured out what the heck is going on
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

There's only so much original commentary you can come up with in 144 games. Baseball is a simple game. If you're looking for original commentary, you're not really going to find it after a few weeks.

Perhaps you should tune into curling and let me know how that goes. That's a sport I haven't figured out what the heck is going on
    Isn't that big pukes on ice with brooms?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

I thought the discussion about Chris Speier's role at the end of the inning was interesting. Not much is said about the coaches.

Focus on the Reds calling a pitch out there was also informative. Pitch out on a squeeze play. I liked that. One of the guys said the Reds seemed to foretell some things in the Houston series too. Interesting.

Man on third can score on a wild pitch and infield hit, man on second is different. I can live without that one again.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Isn't that big pukes on ice with brooms?
    yes!

They sweep down this lane that is sort of like a bowling alley. But I honestly have no idea what the goal is.

I really like Thom and I'm glad he's doing Reds games but I must say he's coming across as not being as informed as he should be when talking about the MLB schedule this inning (6th). He keeps talking about there being a little over 2 weeks or 2.5 weeks left when discussing the wildcard possibilities. I got news for you Thom: The season ends exactly three weeks from today. It doesn't end on Sunday this year

Turn Off Ads?