Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Notre Dame to join ACC, not for football.

Notre Dame to join ACC, not for football.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...e-football-acc

They will play 5 yearly ACC football games though.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Notre Dame to join ACC, not for football.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...e-football-acc

They will play 5 yearly ACC football games though.
    Already play 4 this year so its not that large of a change.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

In another story, the ACC announced that it will officially change its name to the ACC/ESPN conference.

Welp time to let the devastation begin with a new thing to leech off of. Couldn't be happier couldn't happen to a better bunch of people!

I wonder how long it will take for ND to win 8 games and bump a 9 win (insert ACC team) from a bowl because no one gives a crap about anyone not named VT, FSU, and Clemson.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Welp time to let the devastation begin with a new thing to leech off of. Couldn't be happier couldn't happen to a better bunch of people!

I wonder how long it will take for ND to win 8 games and bump a 9 win (insert ACC team) from a bowl because no one gives a crap about anyone not named VT, FSU, and Clemson.
    Good riddance. About the only thing that Notre Dame brought to the table with the Big East was help securing better bowl bids, which was largely nullified by the fact that they invariably bumped a more deserving BE team from those more prestigious bowl game. Now that can become the ACC's problem.

Hopefully this nudges BYU into abandoning their football independence and the new Big East can add them to the fold. BYU for all sports >>> ND without footbal.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Already play 4 this year so its not that large of a change.
    Cant wait for Notre Dame to go to DUKE or WAKE for a game! Biggest crowd they'll ever get! *sarcasm*

If anyone thinks this is going to end well for the ACC please read the history of the Big East for whats going to happen. ND is going to dictate where and who they play. There maybe an agreement that they play everyone 1 for 1 but they will dictate where they play. If you think Notre Dame will lower itself to actually play AT Duke, AT Wake, or likewise then I have some ocean front property for sale in West Virginia. They will use the ACC for their "neutral site" games. ACC must have been real desperate to see what ND did to the Big East and agree to the same deal basically.

Some rumors that they had to go so far as to let Syracuse and Pitt vote in order to get the votes for passage in the "first vote".
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

If you think Notre Dame will lower itself to actually play AT Duke, AT Wake, or likewise then I have some ocean front property for sale in West Virginia.
    Psst.

ND played at Wake last year.

Continue on.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Psst.

ND played at Wake last year.

Continue on.
    But he wasn't joking...he really does have some ocean front property in WV.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Maybe Notre Dame will do for the ACC what they did for the Big East.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Cant wait for Notre Dame to go to DUKE or WAKE for a game! Biggest crowd they'll ever get! *sarcasm*

If anyone thinks this is going to end well for the ACC please read the history of the Big East for whats going to happen. ND is going to dictate where and who they play. There maybe an agreement that they play everyone 1 for 1 but they will dictate where they play. If you think Notre Dame will lower itself to actually play AT Duke, AT Wake, or likewise then I have some ocean front property for sale in West Virginia. They will use the ACC for their "neutral site" games. ACC must have been real desperate to see what ND did to the Big East and agree to the same deal basically.

Some rumors that they had to go so far as to let Syracuse and Pitt vote in order to get the votes for passage in the "first vote".
    Ummmmmmm, the Acc schedules the games for ND. ND submits the open dates it has and then the ACC schedules the who what and where. Three home dates one year, three road dates the next year.

But, carry on......
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?