Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Wednesday 9/12/2012 Minor League Updates

Wednesday 9/12/2012 Minor League Updates

Modesto hangs a 5-spot on James Allen in the first. Not looking good.

Edit: James Allen and Brooks Pinckard

Allen gave up single, double, walk, walk.
    Pinckard relieved and gave up double, single.

First six Modestoans reached.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wednesday 9/12/2012 Minor League Updates

Now 6-0 in the second.

Allen never recorded an out. I honestly thought he stood a good chance of stepping in and shutting them down. I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Now 6-0 in the second.

Allen never recorded an out. I honestly thought he stood a good chance of stepping in and shutting them down. I was mistaken.
    Single, wild pitch, wild pitch, sac fly. Modesto still batting in the second.

Allen's first start with a new team in game five of the playoffs. I'll bet he wasn't too nervous.

Seven innings left in the California League. Anything is possible.

Using three pitchers in the first three innings is generally not a formula for success Daniel Wolford on for the Blaze.

Bakersfield went out in order in the top of the third. Whiff, whiff and whiff.

Blaze push across a run in the fifth. Trail 6-1 with one out in the seventh. Looking grim.

Travis Mattair hit his third home run of the series late, but it was not nearly enough, not nearly in time. Bakersfield succumbs by a 6-2 margin. Wolford, McMyne, Howell and Contreras combined for six scoreless innings of relief. First inning was the difference maker. Congrats on making the playoffs. James Allen was thrust into a difficult situation. Losing three in a row is a tough way to bow out.

So, Bakersfield goes out the same way Billings did (at the end of the regular season). Needing only one win to move one, they sustain multiple losses. Sort of the way it was on the farms this year.

I thought Pensacola, while producing some outstanding personal performances, underachieved as a team. Dayton had more talent than the record showed, I believe. Of course, Louisville just plain stunk, which is to be expected when, in a very short period, the top of the system loses the likes of Cozart, Frazier, Mesoraco, Alonso, Grandal, Boxberger, Torreyes, Sappelt, Wood, Joseph and whoever I'm forgetting.

Turn Off Ads?