Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could this team use a bad boy image?

Re: Could this team use a bad boy image?

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post

And of course Brandon Phillips is Enemy Numero Uno to most of the teams in the game. He laughs and slides when he doesn't need to and has that hand brush thing I now use in my daily life.
    That is the greatest. I am pretty sure he is "making it rain" (dollar bills), as one would in a Gentleman's Club.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Aroldis Chapman is a fast drivin', hard-throwin', cocky sono***un.
    Bad boys don't do tumblesaults.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Bad boys don't do tumblesaults.
    I beg to differ.

"I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I beg to differ.

[IM]http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/I-know-pro-wrestling-is-fake-but-this-is-pretty-cool.gif[/IMG]
    I don't know what I would call that but the word tumblesault does not leap to mind. I love the name of the GIF by the way

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

I've actually thought about this far more than I probably should have. I think the Reds need to win first to have any image at all.

It's tough to act "all bad" when your biggest rival won the World Series last season and you've not come close in years. Not too mention that they have won it once before.

I would be all for the image however. I think having a loose tongue makes the team a more enjoyable to follow through the grind of an MLB season. (Not to say that following a winning baseball team is not enjoyable already.)
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    I've actually thought about this far more than I probably should have. I think the Reds need to win first to have any image at all.

It's tough to act "all bad" when your biggest rival won the World Series last season and you've not come close in years. Not too mention that they have won it once before.

I would be all for the image however. I think having a loose tongue makes the team a more enjoyable to follow through the grind of an MLB season. (Not to say that following a winning baseball team is not enjoyable already.)
    Exactly, image is not something that you strive to be tagged with, your teams actions will define the image in its own due time.

It reminds me of how some kids try to get other kids to call them by a nick name that they define.... SORRY that isn't how it works, you'll get your nickname but you usually have no say in how it's applied and why it's applied.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Okay, I literally laughed out loud at the "Homer Bailey is from Texas" comment, as if that was more than enough to put him on the list. Too funny.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Okay, I literally laughed out loud at the "Homer Bailey is from Texas" comment, as if that was more than enough to put him on the list. Too funny.
    Me too. I encounter strangers from Texas in public places just about every day. I'm going to be more careful around them now.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Exactly, image is not something that you strive to be tagged with, your teams actions will define the image in its own due time.

It reminds me of how some kids try to get other kids to call them by a nick name that they define.... SORRY that isn't how it works, you'll get your nickname but you usually have no say in how it's applied and why it's applied.
    Seinfeld - T-Bone vs Koko - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    My wife used to work with Koko

Turn Off Ads?