Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playoff rotation and home/road splits

Re: Playoff rotation and home/road splits

I think I want Latos pitching on the west coast above all else. It works just as well to start Cueto/Latos, which is the most logical anyway.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by swaisuc View Post
    I think I want Latos pitching on the west coast above all else. It works just as well to start Cueto/Latos, which is the most logical anyway.
    I agree. Latos did pretty good pitching in southern Cal for a few years. Also has a 1.85 ERA w/ .195 opp AVG in 35 innings. He's the obvious choice.

I don't mind the new format. As long as the Reds split, they have 3 chances at home to win 2 out of 3. It also guarantees the team with home field advantage clinches in front of the home crowd which is great. Sounds good to me.

Looking at these projected rotations make me wish that we had a strong left handed starter to balance things out a bit

Latos has a great history against Giants, in last 3 years, his stats against Giants are

2.64 ERA, 1.00 WHIP, 58 INN, 45K, 10 BB, .222 BAA

His numbers in AT&T park are even better:

1.85 ERA, 0.85 WHIP, 34 INN, 29K, 5 BB, .192 BAA

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo View Post
    Latos has a great history against Giants, in last 3 years, his stats against Giants are

2.64 ERA, 1.00 WHIP, 58 INN, 45K, 10 BB, .222 BAA

His numbers in AT&T park are even better:

1.85 ERA, 0.85 WHIP, 34 INN, 29K, 5 BB, .192 BAA
    Ha, I forgot to say "at ATT park"

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    So you pitch him at home where he's been abysmal at times? I don't follow your logic. You're going to need four starters provided it goes four games.
    Isn't there a day off between games 2 and 3? Why not go for the throat and use your strongest pitchers Cueto,Arroyo, and Latos? And use Homer in middle relief where he did well in the 2010 playoffs.

of couse you don't trust bailey with game 2. you just have to hope with the weather cooling down he can pitch fine at home

Turn Off Ads?