Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reds v. Fish Friday 9/14

Re: Reds v. Fish Friday 9/14

This offense is just bad. Tonight was abysmal bad. If this was against decent pitching I'd understand it, but this guy came into the game with a 1-4 record and 7 plus ERA for 2012. Can only hope something gives or this will be a quick post season.
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

2. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    You're not gonna score many runs with a 6-man batting order and three automatic outs. Dusty's doing this to himself by effectively using 3 pitchers in his lineup.
    Agree. Heisey should be in CF.

Gregorius should be at SS (could use the experience), but I guess we gotta get Valdez going.

Right now he's on a tear south...leaving the Mendoza line in his rear-view.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    This has been a trend for the Reds as long as I can remember. I still get cold-sweat flashbacks to Jeff Pico of the Cubs, and that was 25 freakin' years ago.

Maybe it's like this for other teams, too. Sometimes it's hard to face a guy you don't have the "book" on.
    The Jeff Pico reference is mine! Lol

I use this reference every time the no name blanks us.

Jeff Pico....the 4 hit shutout

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    The Jeff Pico reference is mine! Lol

I use this reference every time the no name blanks us.

Jeff Pico....the 4 hit shutout
    That's funny. I've been doing that with a group of 4-5 buddies every time we face a rook. I text them "PICO." That's all I have to say.

We've turned it into a verb, getting "Pico'd."

Ahh, misery loves company.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?