Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2012

Re: Ohio State Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    To be honest I still don't think we are better than the top 4 or 5 teams despite some losses, however we would be ranked #2 right now for sure.

At least we all have those great Gator Bowl memories.
    Yeah, I'd say a top 5 team, especially now. Early in the season, no way.

But yeah, a soft Big 10 and a soft OOC schedule and some skin of the teeth wins have pushed them down.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Carlos Hyde needs a nickname.
    Witty signature.

This is a perfect season--win all your games, win the Conference Championship, and Beat the team up north. No anti-climatic bowl game win or loss to wait six weeks to play with a team that looks nothing like the one you saw play in the last game of the regular season.

I know the system tells us to be disappointed, think of "what might have been," but this is a perfect season, undefeated, won all the games they were allowed to play....and did I mention beating the team up north?
    Last edited by traderumor; 11-24-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    This is a perfect season--win all your games, win the Conference Championship game, and Beat the team up north. No anti-climatic bowl game win or loss to wait six weeks to play with a team that looks nothing like the one you saw play in the last game of the regular season.

I know the system tells us to be disappointed, think of "what might have been," but this is a perfect season, undefeated, won all the games they were allowed to play....and did I mention beating the team up north?
    It was a very enjoyable year. No worrying about BCS ratings/computers, no politicking the pollsters, just go out there and try to win every game you play.

Yep, I'll take it too. Kind of an ugly game, but I will never ever complain about a W over Michigan.

Why Brady Hoke went away from running Denard Robinson, I'll never know. But I'm sure glad he did.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Yep, I'll take it too. Kind of an ugly game, but I will never ever complain about a W over Michigan.

Why Brady Hoke went away from running Denard Robinson, I'll never know. But I'm sure glad he did.
    He went away from it because Ohio State was stuffing it every time they tried it in the third quarter.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    He went away from it because Ohio State was stuffing it every time they tried it in the third quarter.
    Yes, cudos to Fickell and the D coaches for the adjustments at halftime. Both D's adjusted, but the Buckeyes caused turnovers, which turned out to be the difference. I'm most happy that Denard Robinson running through two dbacks wasn't the legacy of this game. That was one of the ugliest defensive plays of the season.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Didn't see the game but reading reports that Tressel was saluted and received a "thunderous ovation". Is this true?

Not a smart move as far as the way the non-Buckeye world views this university. Guess I just wasn't made for these times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Didn't see the game but reading reports that Tressel was saluted and received a "thunderous ovation". Is this true?

Not a smart move as far as the way the non-Buckeye world views this university. Guess I just wasn't made for these times.
    Jim Tressel has paid for his mistakes. We weren't able to say good bye and thank you to a coach that won a whole bunch of games, especially against today's opponent. He doesn't need to be judged forever for the one bad thing he did, while ignoring all the good. I'm happy the fans gave him that reception and happier the national media has their panties in a bunch about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Jim Tressel has paid for his mistakes. We weren't able to say good bye and thank you to a coach that won a whole bunch of games, especially against today's opponent. He doesn't need to be judged forever for the one bad thing he did, while ignoring all the good. I'm happy the fans gave him that reception and happier the national media has their panties in a bunch about it.
    Right. Sort of like the Yankees honoring the Rocket on National Television before the 7th game of the World Series. I mean he's "paid for his mistakes". In the Buckeye World- i'm glad you're happy. In the rest of the world (which is real people, not just the media) that I think is getting a little tired with "win at all costs" and "follow the money", not a smart move.

Right. Sort of like the Yankees honoring the Rocket on National Television before the 7th game of the World Series. I mean he's "paid for his mistakes". In the Buckeye World- i'm glad you're happy. In the rest of the world (which is real people, not just the media) that I think is getting a little tired with "win at all costs" and "follow the money", not a smart move.
    In the real world covering up that your best employee sold his employee of the month plaque isn't a big deal.

What he did wrong is laughable, and only NCAA apologists even think the Buckeyes did anything wrong. It's a completely warped system, and in a sane system none of it would have been news. So spare me.

College football has been win at all costs basically forever, anyway, looking at it otherwise is naive.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Wasn't Tressel there as part of the ceremony they did prior to the game honoring the 2002 National Championship team? It makes perfect sense to me that the crowd would give him a huge ovation during that moment. That was a pretty special season! And count me as another fan who isn't going to punish the guy forever for his mistakes. We all make mistakes....we just get to make ours out of the spotlight of college football.

And I LOVE beating that team up north! My Twitter feed was full of obnoxious MI 'fans' tweeting way too much smack talk during the first half of the game but they were totally nonexistent during the second half, LOL

Go Bucks!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

My good friends who live in the bubble at Storrs think Jim Calhoun never did much wrong and I'm sure those in the Lexington bubble feel the same way about Calipari. Maybe they're right. But trust me, those who live outside the bubbles feel very differently. Its a question of perception.

Not a smart move.

My good friends who live in the bubble at Storrs think Jim Calhoun never did much wrong and I'm sure those in the Lexington bubble feel the same way about Calipari. Maybe they're right. But trust me, those who live outside the bubbles feel very differently. Its a question of perception.

Not a smart move.
    It must be hard to be friends with someone as perfect as you.

Turn Off Ads?