Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2012

Re: Ohio State Football 2012

Hope Braxton is ok. Going to the hospital and it doesn't look good at all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Kenny Guiton drinks coffee. Buckeyes win!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Hope Braxton is ok. Going to the hospital and it doesn't look good at all.
    I'm guessing a neck (spinal cord) injury. Obviously a serious injury. Teams like OSU and Mich are really taking a chance by having their QBs provide so much of the offense. If you're not huge like Cam Newton, your QB running for 100 yards a game will tend to get banged up in some fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm guessing a neck (spinal cord) injury.
    Not a chance. They wouldn't have carried him off the way he did if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Don't feel bad. We did it to Northwestern too.

Vandy's AD way over scheduled for next year. If it had gone as planned, they'd have played @OSU, @UMass (in Gillette Stadium), Northwestern at home and Wake Forest at home plus the SEC schedule. That wasn't happening.

As to how it was done... Who cares?
    Ever heard of something called professionalism, tact, honor, common decency, treating others the way you want to be treated, etc.?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Miller was released from the hospital with a statement from Ohio State saying he was cleared of all ailments after undergoing a CAT scan and MRI. Good news, provided Ohio State is being upfront.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Don't feel bad. We did it to Northwestern too.

Vandy's AD way over scheduled for next year. If it had gone as planned, they'd have played @OSU, @UMass (in Gillette Stadium), Northwestern at home and Wake Forest at home plus the SEC schedule. That wasn't happening.

As to how it was done... Who cares?
    Oh boy, that schedule sure is scary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Turning it back to tOSU, interested to hear Buckeye fans thoughts on the 3 point victory over Indiana?

I realized that's about as close as Indiana will likely come to beating OSU, but I'm trying to sort out whether I feel good about IU's direction or if tOSU played poorly.

I'm sure it's a bit of both.
    Our defensive coordinator is still trying to hone the rough edges of that new spread defense.

What's killing us is the LB'ing corp. It's young and inexperienced, and just ain't working out for us right now.

Most Buckeye fans realize this year is a wash simply because we are banned from the conference championship game, as well as a bowl game. So I view this season pretty much as an opportunity for Meyer to get comfortable with the program, assess what he's got as far as plus/minuses, and go from there to move it forward.

I understand they are undefeated, and as a fan I'll certainly take that; but besides the B10 being down this year (IMO), their schedule isn't exactly a strong point.

Besides the Purdue and Indiana games, they could have very easily had a loss vs California, and UAB gave us a hard time. And we could very easily get our first loss next week in Happy Valley.

I sometimes think not being able to go to a bowl game this year only saves me from disappointment.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I sense a bit of sarcasm in that voice. But everyone essentially needs a 'bye' week in there. While you may consider UMass a 'bye' you have to realize that game is on the road and UMass is just in the beginning of DI level so they're likely to improve. Vandy should've rid itself of that game.

Ole Miss
    Austin Peay
    @ South Carolina
    @ UMass (in Gillette Stadium)
    UAB
    Missouri
    Georgia
    @ TAMU
    @ Florida
    Kentucky
    @ Tennessee
    Wake Forest

Now replace AP with @ Ohio State and UAB with Northwestern. Darn right that's scary. And more importantly, not the way to build a program.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I sense a bit of sarcasm in that voice. But everyone essentially needs a 'bye' week in there. While you may consider UMass a 'bye' you have to realize that game is on the road and UMass is just in the beginning of DI level so they're likely to improve. Vandy should've rid itself of that game.
    It's in Boston, about 100 miles from the UMass campus and likely to be played in front of about 50,000 empty seats. I assume Vandy sees it as an opportunity to give the university a little bit of a showcase in New England and try to bring a few high school students back south with them. I doubt this is a game Vandy considers dropping (particularly when UMass is abysmally awful and should be an easy win).

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Just wanted to chime in and say that touchdown by Braxton where he stutter stepped and reversed then blasted through was the best one yard run I've ever seen.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Just wanted to chime in and say that touchdown by Braxton where he stutter stepped and reversed then blasted through was the best one yard run I've ever seen.
    Yeah that was some video game stuff. I think there was a massive hold on that play, but either way it was an awesome display of his talent.

Ole Miss
    Austin Peay
    @ South Carolina
    @ UMass (in Gillette Stadium)
    UAB
    Missouri
    Georgia
    @ TAMU
    @ Florida
    Kentucky
    @ Tennessee
    Wake Forest

Now replace AP with @ Ohio State and UAB with Northwestern. Darn right that's scary. And more importantly, not the way to build a program.
    Meh, I was commenting on an out-of-conference schedule that included one marquee program, two doormats of BCS conferences, and a cupcake. Seemed like a perfectly reasonable schedule to me. I don't care to comment on the conference schedule...

Meh, I was commenting on an out-of-conference schedule that included one marquee program, two doormats of BCS conferences, and a cupcake. Seemed like a perfectly reasonable schedule to me. I don't care to comment on the conference schedule...
    Your problem is in thinking of WFU and NU as doormats. Neither is.

We can't all be Ohio State...

But if you think so little of what could have been Vanderbilt's nonconference schedule, I'd be open to hearing a program or two that has a more difficult out of conference schedule.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?