Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2012

Re: Ohio State Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Your problem is in thinking of WFU and NU as doormats. Neither is.

We can't all be Ohio State...

But if you think so little of what could have been Vanderbilt's nonconference schedule, I'd be open to hearing a program or two that has a more difficult out of conference schedule.
    Sure. Not all Ohio State. Check out the schedule for my alma-matter, Miami University, over the past three seasons:

http://www.muredhawks.com/SportSelec...&Q_SEASON=2012

Also, those schedules are made years in advance. A majority of the time, Wake and Northwestern are doormat programs. They're both academic bastions for their conferences that struggle to compete athletically. Whether or not they have one good year doesn't really influence my opinion of the schedule...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Sure. Not all Ohio State. Check out the schedule for my alma-matter, Miami University, over the past three seasons:

http://www.muredhawks.com/SportSelec...&Q_SEASON=2012

Also, those schedules are made years in advance. A majority of the time, Wake and Northwestern are doormat programs. They're both academic bastions for their conferences that struggle to compete athletically. Whether or not they have one good year doesn't really influence my opinion of the schedule...
    Miami, however, doesn't have to play an BCS conference schedule on top of their nonconference. Find me a program in a BCS conference who's playing 3 other schools from BCS conference in their nonleague schedule.

Also, Pat Fitzgerald's Big 10 record: 24-29. Struggle? Yes. Doormat? No. Wake has been to 4 bowl games in the last 6 years, including an Orange Bowl. Struggle? Yes. Doormat? No.

And you're right about the contracts, generally, being signed well in advance. Vanderbilt signed their contract with Wake in 2006, during Wake's Orange Bowl season.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

NL Central champs
    Not OSU related, but, that was an awful PI call at the end of the Nebraska-MSU game. The refs gave Nebraska that game.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    OSU will wear new uniforms for the Mich game. It's kind of an homage to the 2002 team but with Nikefication.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    OSU will wear new uniforms for the Mich game. It's kind of an homage to the 2002 team but with Nikefication.
    The old uniforms with Scarlet and Grey? I knew there was some uproar about grey not being included on the newer uniforms and having black instead.

I always liked how OSU had a uniform and they didn't go to a new age uniform, a la Oregon, multiple times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The old uniforms with Scarlet and Grey? I knew there was some uproar about grey not being included on the newer uniforms and having black instead.

I always liked how OSU had a uniform and they didn't go to a new age uniform, a la Oregon, multiple times a year.
    It's nothing crazy. It's all buy confirmed as this image was accidentally leaked on OSU official site.

http://www.nikeblog.com/2012/11/12/n...michigan-game/
    Witty signature.

They have done a "retro/pro combat" uniform for at least the last 4 years. Remember the ones with the white helmet?

Last edited by LoganBuck; 11-15-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

The 1942 throwbacks were probably my favorite.

I must admit, I'm probably the biggest sports uniform geek you'll ever encounter.
    Witty signature.

The Buckeyes sure did pick a lousy season to be bowl-ineligible.

With the KSU and Oregon losses last night, they'd be in the thick of it for a BCS national champ. Game berth.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

With the KSU and Oregon losses last night, they'd be in the thick of it for a BCS national champ. Game berth.
    To be honest I still don't think we are better than the top 4 or 5 teams despite some losses, however we would be ranked #2 right now for sure.

At least we all have those great Gator Bowl memories.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    To be honest I still don't think we are better than the top 4 or 5 teams despite some losses, however we would be ranked #2 right now for sure.

At least we all have those great Gator Bowl memories.
    I think OSU is every bit as good as ND is right now. Earlier in the season I would have said that OSU is where it is because of an awful Big 10 and a weak BCS opponent (Cal), but they hvae gotten better as the season has gone along.

I think Alabama and Oregon are better football teams than OSU, but I didn't think anyone could slow down Oregon either. I saw a mobile QB take down Alabama who looks awfully similar to that of Braxton Miller. They have thier holes but they have a dangerous QB and a RB who is looking more and more like the real deal each and every game he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

Thanks to Saint Tressel. If he hadn't lied and covered up about all that stuff that was going on, they could have been bowl ineligible last year and eligible this year. Life is funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think OSU is every bit as good as ND is right now. Earlier in the season I would have said that OSU is where it is because of an awful Big 10 and a weak BCS opponent (Cal), but they hvae gotten better as the season has gone along.

I think Alabama and Oregon are better football teams than OSU, but I didn't think anyone could slow down Oregon either. I saw a mobile QB take down Alabama who looks awfully similar to that of Braxton Miller. They have thier holes but they have a dangerous QB and a RB who is looking more and more like the real deal each and every game he plays.
    I think OSU could give Alabama and Oregon a good game, but would certainly need a few breaks to beat them. I actually would rather play Alabama than Oregon. I honestly haven't watched enough of Notre Dame to really know how that would look.

Alabama is still the best team, but after watching them against LSU and Texas A&M, it's clear they were never as good as the hype machine surrounding them. They are very beatable, but it will take a really good game by whoever to do it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I think OSU could give Alabama and Oregon a good game, but would certainly need a few breaks to beat them. I actually would rather play Alabama than Oregon. I honestly haven't watched enough of Notre Dame to really know how that would look.
    I saw part of the 3rd quarter of Oregon's game against Cal and it was still a rather close game then and Cal was just running the ball through Oregon's defense without too much trouble. Then Cal would inevitably throw the ball and turned it over.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?