Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 237

Thread: Ohio State Football 2012

  1. #196
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,510

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I thought there was an investigation going on there, perhaps I'm mistaken about that. I don't know what your snipe is supposed to mean, guess its a failure of my OSU degree to understand your fancypants insult.
    There hasn't yet been any formal allegations, but they were most definitely investigating and so based on your comments as you phrased them, you were absolutely correct.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #197
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,654

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    With that being said, perhaps the Forde article is false, but to pretend that Auburn shouldn't be questioned or is beyond reproach is laughable.
    Who has argued that? Seriously.

    The NCAA exhaustively investigated Cam's recruitment.

    If the NCAA hadn't talked to Auburn about Memphis about a player Auburn signed, especially since Auburn was one of the schools that reported the transcript discrepancy despite the student athlete in question making it through both the NCAA's and Auburn's clearing house, THAT would be a story. In fact THAT would be a reason to get pitchforks and storm the castle.

    But THAT was not what actually happened. Forde acted like he had a scoop by repackaging old news with a little new salacious salt mixed in to make it seem like he had a nefarious yarn to spin. But Forde failed to also discuss all of things that made his new soup taste mostly bland and unappealing.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  4. #198
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,654

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    There hasn't yet been any formal allegations, but they were most definitely investigating and so based on your comments as you phrased them, you were absolutely correct.
    The NCAA is investigating Memphis area recruiting and if one really wanted to say a focus was upon any particular institution, then the correct assertion would've been that the NCAA is investigating Memphis area recruiting with a focus upon MSU. As part of that investigation, the NCAA has talked to all institutions that have signed players from a particular school so naturally Auburn officials would be questioned. To suggest that Auburn is the focus of an NCAA investigation is not absolutely correct based upon everything known publicly.

    In a thread where the devils in the details have been treated with the utmost respect by some, almost like foreign dignitaries, its kind of surreal to see that spirit not be applied consistently.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  5. #199
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,606

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The NCAA is investigating Memphis area recruiting and if one really wanted to say a focus was upon any particular institution, then the correct assertion would've been that the NCAA is investigating Memphis area recruiting with a focus upon MSU. As part of that investigation, the NCAA has talked to all institutions that have signed players from a particular school so naturally Auburn officials would be questioned. To suggest that Auburn is the focus of an NCAA investigation is not absolutely correct based upon everything known publicly.

    In a thread where the devils in the details have been treated with the utmost respect by some, almost like foreign dignitaries, its kind of
    surreal
    to see that spirit not be applied consistently.
    Seriously, this is a message board. "Surreal" will happen when one of the well known posters on here turns out to be a serial killer or terrorist. Consistency in argumentation surreal? More dramatic than my teenage daughter.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  6. #200
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,654

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Seriously, this is a message board. "Surreal" will happen when one of the well known posters on here turns out to be a serial killer or terrorist. Consistency in argumentation surreal? More dramatic than my teenage daughter.
    It's the inconsistency in argumentation that's surreal but if you prefer different language, how about, disappointing? But your post seems to argue that inconsistent standards are to be expected, so how about telling concerning the strength of the argument?
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  7. #201
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,392

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Trooper Taylor is a legend in the making.

    His name will forever go down as one of the shadiest characters in NCAA history. And that's a feat.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  8. #202
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,606

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It's the inconsistency in argumentation that's surreal but if you prefer different language, how about, disappointing? But your post seems to argue that inconsistent standards are to be expected, so how about telling concerning the strength of the argument?
    Um, no, just brushing off your comments as melodrama. I know where you stand on Auburn, you made that clear during the Cam Newton trials. There seems to be a strange blinding that goes on with college athletics fans, whether they are OSU or Auburn or any other school. It just affects folks ability to face reality. We are all guilty, even you.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  9. #203
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,577
    Jonathan Hankins is going pro. OSU will have to replace entire defensive line next year.
    Witty signature.

  10. #204
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,654

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Um, no, just brushing off your comments as melodrama. I know where you stand on Auburn, you made that clear during the Cam Newton trials. There seems to be a strange blinding that goes on with college athletics fans, whether they are OSU or Auburn or any other school. It just affects folks ability to face reality. We are all guilty, even you.

    I was right about Auburn though and there were reasons for chosing to stand where I stood that didn't have anything to do with a bias. Can others say where they stood was consistent with how the NCAA ruled about any of the programs being discussed in this thread? That isn't me calling anyone out. It's addressing the white elephant in the living room concerning the notion you're espousing above.

    I don't defend things that don't deserve defense. If there was even a shred of a reason to believe Auburn was involved in having the transcripts of student athletes altered for purposes of defrauding the NCAA clearinghouse, i'd have a dramatically different take on Forde's tripe.
    Last edited by jojo; 12-11-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  11. #205
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Jonathan Hankins is going pro. OSU will have to replace entire defensive line next year.
    That's a good move for Hankins. It will stink not having him back, but I think between the last two recruiting classes there is enough to replace that line.

  12. #206
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,606

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I was right about Auburn though and there were reasons for chosing to stand where I stood that didn't have anything to do with a bias. Can others say where they stood was consistent with how the NCAA ruled about any of the programs being discussed in this thread? That isn't me calling anyone out. It's addressing the white elephant in the living room concerning the notion you're espousing above.

    I don't defend things that don't deserve defense. If there was even a shred of a reason to believe Auburn was involved in having the transcripts of student athletes altered for purposes of defrauding the NCAA clearinghouse, i'd have a dramatically different take on Forde's tripe.
    A wise man wrote "pride comes before a fall."
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  13. #207
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,654

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    A wise man wrote "pride comes before a fall."
    Where is the pride? Ya popped off and got called on it in redszone tradition. Why not just let it go?
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  14. #208
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,510

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The NCAA is investigating Memphis area recruiting and if one really wanted to say a focus was upon any particular institution, then the correct assertion would've been that the NCAA is investigating Memphis area recruiting with a focus upon MSU. As part of that investigation, the NCAA has talked to all institutions that have signed players from a particular school so naturally Auburn officials would be questioned. To suggest that Auburn is the focus of an NCAA investigation is not absolutely correct based upon everything known publicly.

    In a thread where the devils in the details have been treated with the utmost respect by some, almost like foreign dignitaries, its kind of surreal to see that spirit not be applied consistently.
    The NCAA doesn't have jurisdiction over Memphis. It has jurisdiction over its member schools. So prima facie, it stands to reason that it's investigating Auburn and not Memphis recruiting.

    It might well be an investigation that involves multiple schools that were recruiting in the city of Memphis, but it's still inaccurate to suggest anything other than they're investing Auburn.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  15. #209
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,510

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I was right about Auburn though and there were reasons for chosing to stand where I stood that didn't have anything to do with a bias. Can others say where they stood was consistent with how the NCAA ruled about any of the programs being discussed in this thread? That isn't me calling anyone out. It's addressing the white elephant in the living room concerning the notion you're espousing above.

    I don't defend things that don't deserve defense. If there was even a shred of a reason to believe Auburn was involved in having the transcripts of student athletes altered for purposes of defrauding the NCAA clearinghouse, i'd have a dramatically different take on Forde's tripe.
    Actually the NCAA ruled that Cam's father DID solicit money -- an allegation that you staunchly denied. And the NCAA basically said that it could not prove no money changed hands, it just could not show that it did.

    You went to great lengths to discredit the initial report by ESPN as being false and not having anything to do with Auburn. But as it turns out, the report that Cam's father was soliciting money in his recruitment was deemed to be accurate by the NCAA.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  16. #210
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,654

    Re: Ohio State Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    The NCAA doesn't have jurisdiction over Memphis. It has jurisdiction over its member schools. So prima facie, it stands to reason that it's investigating Auburn and not Memphis recruiting.

    It might well be an investigation that involves multiple schools that were recruiting in the city of Memphis, but it's still inaccurate to suggest anything other than they're investing Auburn.
    Actually they are investigating recruiting activities involving Memphis area student athletes. It's absolutely inaccurate to suggest that the NCAA is focusing upon Auburn Univeristy in this regard.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25