Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Reds will clinch on Thursday

The Reds will clinch on Thursday

I know this because I have tickets to Wednesday at Wrigley and Friday at home.

So it's all but guaranteed.

Magic number = 6.

Reds have one more against the Fish, then off day, then three at Cubs.
    Cards have one more against Dodgers, then off day, then three vs 'Stros.

When do you think they'll clinch? On the field or in the locker room?
    Last edited by I(heart)Freel; 09-16-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Reds will clinch on Thursday

Saturday. Win today & 2/3 in Chicago while the birds only lose 1 of their next 4.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Cool, thanks for the heads-up. I'll make sure to get tix for Thursday's game.

Friday. The fact that I have tickets to Friday's game is purely a coincidence.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Saturday. Win today & 2/3 in Chicago while the birds only lose 1 of their next 4.
    Don't be too sure....the Phillies thought they had an easy road too with the LAstros and then lost three out of four to them.

I want them to clinch on Friday since I'll be there and it would give them a chance to clinch at home with our local broadcasters calling the game on both TV and radio.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Well I got tickets for all 3 weekend games. But I hope either Friday or in Chicago so I can relax...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

The one day I hope it does not happen is Saturday just because I have a company function to go to that day and would probably miss the game.

Also Saturday would cause a lot of fans around the country to possibly miss it as well as that is another regional Fox game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The one day I hope it does not happen is Saturday just because I have a company function to go to that day and would probably miss the game.

Also Saturday would cause a lot of fans around the country to possibly miss it as well as that is another regional Fox game.

I hope its not Saturday either. I won't be able to watch it as I am stuck with the Phils/Braves game here in DC. But it wouldn't surprise me a bit that it is Saturday. I think the Cards will take care of the Astros and the Reds may just have to win and not count on any help for the next week.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Senor Votto

I hope they clinch at home

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I think it's going to be Friday
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

It'd be cool to go into Sunday NIGHT with the magic number of one, and beat the Dodgers on ESPN to clinch it.

It may well come down to game times, whether we actively clinch or passively clinch.

Both Reds and Cards play at night tonight and in afternoon tomorrow.

Then, Cards have early day games on Friday and Saturday, while the Reds do the Friday night game and Saturday 4pm game.

Would be kind of a bummer to have it happen right before the Reds take the field one of the days this weekend. But I guess we'll always have 2010 to cherish...
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Turn Off Ads?