AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

pictures of Fountain Square in 1973

Stick to your guns.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Love those "elephant" leg pants!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Re: pictures of Fountain Square in 1973

The picture of the two girls sitting holding flowers, I think I know the girl facing the camera. I'll have to send it to her brother and see if he agrees. Depending on when in 1973 these photos were, I spent some time in the spring of 1973 on Fountain Square working on an independent study project I was doing to graduate from high school. I didn't attend school in my senior year, but did this independent study program to finish a requirement for graduation (back then, I was the first person from an archdiocesan high school to finish a year early - I'm not even sure they'd allow it now). I would have been one of those scraggly hippie folks in those photos.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

My Great Grandmother, Dolores Lipka, was the Chairperson for the Save the Fountain project. She was a powerful civic leader in Cincinnati from the mid 1950's to early 1970's. Her scrapbook and "slides" are amazing.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

There is a whole slew more of these pics and ones similar to them on flickr in the U.S. National Archives' Photostream. I got curious when I saw this link and decided to google any other older pics and these came up. Here is a link. There are pages and pages of them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/usnatio...hives/page587/

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    There is a whole slew more of these pics and ones similar to them on flickr in the U.S. National Archives' Photostream. I got curious when I saw this link and decided to google any other older pics and these came up. Here is a link. There are pages and pages of them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/usnatio...hives/page587/
    thanks
    Stick to your guns.

So the bra was apparently invented in the late 70's or early 80's.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    So the bra was apparently invented in the late 70's or early 80's.
    During this era they were burned for fuel

The sixteenth picture down, the one with the lady in the orange dress and the straw hat? I own that dress. I crap you not. I got it as a hand-me-down from this amazingly wonderful woman I knew in New York. It's polyester, orange, and the trim is navy. I wear it with appropriate undergarmented support.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    The sixteenth picture down, the one with the lady in the orange dress and the straw hat? I own that dress. I crap you not. I got it as a hand-me-down from this amazingly wonderful woman I knew in New York. It's polyester, orange, and the trim is navy. I wear it with appropriate undergarmented support.
    I remembered that photo but had to go back and look. I didn't notice the first time that the lady had a spread from Frisch's in her lap!
    Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?