Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: A Blockbuster Trade that Could Make Sense

  1. #16
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,664

    Re: A Blockbuster Trade that Could Make Sense

    Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Sean Marshall is a pretty big name
    Tulo (MVP candidate multiple times) & Sean Marshall (set up BP guy)? Apples vs Oranges.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,026

    Re: A Blockbuster Trade that Could Make Sense

    Look for Upton to end up in Boston or Texas after Hamilton leaves.

    What makes too much sense is Upton to Texas for Andrus and other prospects.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

  4. #18
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: A Blockbuster Trade that Could Make Sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Look for Upton to end up in Boston or Texas after Hamilton leaves.

    What makes too much sense is Upton to Texas for Andrus and other prospects.
    I think they would rather move one of those SS to 3B than trade one.


    And if the D-Backs trade Upton I think they'll want a player back with more than 2 years of control left.
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 09-18-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  5. #19
    KungFu Fighter AtomicDumpling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Posts
    2,692

    Re: A Blockbuster Trade that Could Make Sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think they would rather move one of those SS to 3B than trade one.


    And if the D-Backs trade Upton I think they'll want a player back with more than 2 years of control left.
    The Rangers have an MVP candidate at 3B now. Adrian Beltre is signed through 2015. Beltre is also an excellent fielder at 3B. They also have top prospect Mike Olt who is a third baseman.

    I have seen speculation that the Rangers might move Ian Kinsler from 2B to the outfield, then put Jurickson Profar at 2B so Andrus can stay at SS. For those who don't know, Profar is widely considered the top prospect in baseball right now.

    I think you are right that the DBacks would want more than Elvis Andrus (signed through 2014) in a trade for Upton. But if Upton gets traded I would think the most logical destination is Texas. Maybe a package of Andrus and Olt would do the trick.

  6. #20
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: A Blockbuster Trade that Could Make Sense

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    The Rangers have an MVP candidate at 3B now. Adrian Beltre is signed through 2015. Beltre is also an excellent fielder at 3B. They also have top prospect Mike Olt who is a third baseman.

    I have seen speculation that the Rangers might move Ian Kinsler from 2B to the outfield, then put Jurickson Profar at 2B so Andrus can stay at SS. For those who don't know, Profar is widely considered the top prospect in baseball right now.

    I think you are right that the DBacks would want more than Elvis Andrus (signed through 2014) in a trade for Upton. But if Upton gets traded I would think the most logical destination is Texas. Maybe a package of Andrus and Olt would do the trick.
    Sort of forgot about Beltre. I could see them wanting to move Kinsler to LF or something and put Profar at 2B. I also thought Olt was a 1B, as I think he's been playing there since getting called up. At any rate, they do need a 1B so I think they might prefer having Olt to go there.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  7. #21
    KungFu Fighter AtomicDumpling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Posts
    2,692

    Re: A Blockbuster Trade that Could Make Sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Sort of forgot about Beltre. I could see them wanting to move Kinsler to LF or something and put Profar at 2B. I also thought Olt was a 1B, as I think he's been playing there since getting called up. At any rate, they do need a 1B so I think they might prefer having Olt to go there.
    You are correct, Olt has been playing some first base but his standard position is third. The Rangers also have Michael Young and Mitch Moreland at first base. They have too many good players to get them all in the lineup, even with the DH.

  8. #22
    post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    10,775

    Re: A Blockbuster Trade that Could Make Sense

    Greetings from Tulowitzki-ville Unless the Rockies think that Tulo will never be the same after his recovery, they shouldn't consider that trade. Shortstops who crush the ball and field well are increasingly rare. Trading Tulo when his value is at its lowest makes no sense.

    The Rockies also don't need outfielders next year. They have two outfielders having better years than Upton (CarGo/Fowler) and I expect that to continue until forever. Then they'll have Eric Young (look at his major/minor league numbers the last couple years), Tyler Colvin, and Michael Cuddyer competing for the other OF spot unless Cuddyer can play 3B again. They'd be wise to trade Cuddyer if he can't play third anymore.

    The Rockies should be trading OFs, not acquiring them.

    Skaggs is considered a Top-25 prospect by people who know more about such things than I do. But he also has a fastball that averages sub-90. He's too young to have crossed through the injury nexus (age 20). In other words, he's a "might miss." prospect.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25