Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Blockbuster Trade that Could Make Sense

For a Level Playing Field

Re: A Blockbuster Trade that Could Make Sense

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Sean Marshall is a pretty big name
    Tulo (MVP candidate multiple times) & Sean Marshall (set up BP guy)? Apples vs Oranges.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Look for Upton to end up in Boston or Texas after Hamilton leaves.

What makes too much sense is Upton to Texas for Andrus and other prospects.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Look for Upton to end up in Boston or Texas after Hamilton leaves.

What makes too much sense is Upton to Texas for Andrus and other prospects.
    I think they would rather move one of those SS to 3B than trade one.

And if the D-Backs trade Upton I think they'll want a player back with more than 2 years of control left.
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 09-18-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think they would rather move one of those SS to 3B than trade one.

And if the D-Backs trade Upton I think they'll want a player back with more than 2 years of control left.
    The Rangers have an MVP candidate at 3B now. Adrian Beltre is signed through 2015. Beltre is also an excellent fielder at 3B. They also have top prospect Mike Olt who is a third baseman.

I have seen speculation that the Rangers might move Ian Kinsler from 2B to the outfield, then put Jurickson Profar at 2B so Andrus can stay at SS. For those who don't know, Profar is widely considered the top prospect in baseball right now.

I think you are right that the DBacks would want more than Elvis Andrus (signed through 2014) in a trade for Upton. But if Upton gets traded I would think the most logical destination is Texas. Maybe a package of Andrus and Olt would do the trick.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    The Rangers have an MVP candidate at 3B now. Adrian Beltre is signed through 2015. Beltre is also an excellent fielder at 3B. They also have top prospect Mike Olt who is a third baseman.

I have seen speculation that the Rangers might move Ian Kinsler from 2B to the outfield, then put Jurickson Profar at 2B so Andrus can stay at SS. For those who don't know, Profar is widely considered the top prospect in baseball right now.

I think you are right that the DBacks would want more than Elvis Andrus (signed through 2014) in a trade for Upton. But if Upton gets traded I would think the most logical destination is Texas. Maybe a package of Andrus and Olt would do the trick.
    Sort of forgot about Beltre. I could see them wanting to move Kinsler to LF or something and put Profar at 2B. I also thought Olt was a 1B, as I think he's been playing there since getting called up. At any rate, they do need a 1B so I think they might prefer having Olt to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Sort of forgot about Beltre. I could see them wanting to move Kinsler to LF or something and put Profar at 2B. I also thought Olt was a 1B, as I think he's been playing there since getting called up. At any rate, they do need a 1B so I think they might prefer having Olt to go there.
    You are correct, Olt has been playing some first base but his standard position is third. The Rangers also have Michael Young and Mitch Moreland at first base. They have too many good players to get them all in the lineup, even with the DH.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Greetings from Tulowitzki-ville Unless the Rockies think that Tulo will never be the same after his recovery, they shouldn't consider that trade. Shortstops who crush the ball and field well are increasingly rare. Trading Tulo when his value is at its lowest makes no sense.

The Rockies also don't need outfielders next year. They have two outfielders having better years than Upton (CarGo/Fowler) and I expect that to continue until forever. Then they'll have Eric Young (look at his major/minor league numbers the last couple years), Tyler Colvin, and Michael Cuddyer competing for the other OF spot unless Cuddyer can play 3B again. They'd be wise to trade Cuddyer if he can't play third anymore.

The Rockies should be trading OFs, not acquiring them.

Skaggs is considered a Top-25 prospect by people who know more about such things than I do. But he also has a fastball that averages sub-90. He's too young to have crossed through the injury nexus (age 20). In other words, he's a "might miss." prospect.
    Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?