Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ludwick not returning in 2013?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ludwick not returning in 2013?

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/daughert...ng-line-919-2/

Or just baseless gossip?

From the article: "One offhand comment from a Prominent Club Official to me recently… the person mentioned a few guys likely not back next year. Ludwick was among them. Really? That’s a big ol’ Hmmmm right there."

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Re: Ludwick not returning in 2013?

It is useless gossip, but on the other hand Luddy signed a one-year deal and might be able to get more elsewhere.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

I don't see Ludwick wanting to go somewhere else next year. He is a great fit in Cincy and everyone saw him struggle for the past three years at San Diego, St. Louis and Pittsburgh.

it would suck not having him back but his open market value maybe more than hes worth. I would want to stay at 2 years 14 mill or less if im the reds.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/daughert...ng-line-919-2/

Or just baseless gossip?

From the article: "One offhand comment from a Prominent Club Official to me recently… the person mentioned a few guys likely not back next year. Ludwick was among them. Really? That’s a big ol’ Hmmmm right there."

Ludwick will opt out of his option and seek a bigger payday, that is a no brainer

But they Reds could still sign him if they want to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Ludwick will opt out of his option and seek a bigger payday, that is a no brainer

But they Reds could still sign him if they want to pay

Or can afford to pay him. Looks like they have a ton of monies already committed for 2013.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...2-roster.shtml

Pure opinion garbage..note his rant on NFL refs.

This reminds me a lot of the Johnny Gomes situation. i have a feeling a lot of people won't even want him next year at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    This reminds me a lot of the Johnny Gomes situation. i have a feeling a lot of people won't even want him next year at this time.
    I could see that. I would be very cautious w/ Ludwick.

Look at his career he had his first 4 years of little production in the AL.
    3 decent year in STL w/ the one big year.
    2 poor years in SD.

And then this year. You can say the early years were youth. The STL years were his prime the SD years were the ballpark. This years resurgence is the ballpark.

IDK. I just wouldnt get attached. I want him back but at our price. No need to get attached.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I want Ludwick back but I just have the feeling he will be too expensive. He has a mutual option for $5 Million, which even seems a bit too much IMO. At Ludwick's age (34 next year) when you have a breakout year, you cannot expect the same production the next year. Look at Lance Berkman, $12 million for basically nothing.

If Ludwick is gone next year its not going to be because of Ryan. He wants to be here if he's gone its because the Reds want to use his money elsewhere.

EMAW

Predict the following will not be back- Dusty, Ludwick, Rolen, Cairo, Stubbs (trade) Ondrusek (trade) Broxton, Simon or Arrendondo. Cueto and Phillips if LaRussa is the manager (which I say happpens as Walt gets his way)

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Predict the following will not be back- Dusty, Ludwick, Rolen, Cairo, Stubbs (trade) Ondrusek (trade) Broxton, Simon or Arrendondo. Cueto and Phillips if LaRussa is the manager (which I say happpens as Walt gets his way)
    LaRussa isn't coming to the Reds with our payroll, if he came back it would be to the Dodgers or Angels.

The thought that they would give up Brandon Phillips and Johnny Cueto to get LaRussa is laughable.

oh well. We got him this year and the last time I checked we are going to the playoffs so I'll worry about it when the time comes. If he helps lead the reds to a world series then he would have done more than I could ever dreamed he could have done for 1 season

Turn Off Ads?