Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Weeds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Weeds

I'm curious how many of you watched the show's finale this week. Actually, I'm curious how many started watching the show in the first season or two and stuck with it from beginning to end.

It's another show, like most, that I started watching recently and got caught up on from beginning to end. I thought the show is unique in that it had so many different personalities to it from year to year, although it also felt like there wasn't a true ultimate story they were working toward, which made the show feel inconsistent.

The first two seasons were more like a true comedy with a hint of drama. The third season was kind of dark humor. The fourth season was just dark. The fifth and sixth seasons were kind of subdued drama but the story arcs were a bit convoluted at times. The seventh season seemed to be a bit back to the show's original template, with well-scripted comedy-drama. It had a good flow to it.

This final season clearly had a more soft approach, focusing on the family. I thought the show's finale was OK, and I understood they wanted to focus on Nancy's paying for her 'sins,' though they kind of built up the last episode like it was going to be dramatic and as it turns out... it was not.

I'm disappointed because the show felt like it could have been awesome, but the inconsistency in writing made it never fully live up to its potential. I know a lot of people lost interest in the third season and I can understand why. It definitely took on a different flavor after that.
    Last edited by Brutus; 09-19-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Re: Weeds

I just watched it for the first time a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love. I can't wait to catch up. But until then, I'll avoid this thread for fear of spoilers.

I dropped out after the croquet mallet incident. The show just strayed too far from its roots.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I dropped out after the croquet mallet incident. The show just strayed too far from its roots.
    It eventually got back on track, somewhat, but it didn't happen for a couple more seasons. Unfortunately it might have been too little too late as it probably lost many viewers by that time.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Bailed when they went to mexico, just got silly

Mary Louise Parker should be in more things. But I stopped with Weeds after season 5.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

i watched the season finale the other day and was sad to see the show end but it needed to happen. There weren't many more storys that could be told and everyone was more or less on their final career path and finally out of any clear or imminent danger. I wonder if they'll ever make a final movie out of this tv show or leave it as it was?

Turn Off Ads?