Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dusty in Hospital, to miss finale at Wrigley

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Dusty in Hospital, to miss finale at Wrigley

thought I'd pass this along. hopefully he is well soon.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ar-heart-beat/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty in Hospital, to miss finale at Wrigley

Hopefully the tests tomorrow come back positive. I don't know anything about irregular heartbeats, but it sounds better knowing that it's not a new issue. Hope he can get better soon.

Lord knows this team has done enough under his tenure here to cause heart problems. Now that we're looking up... Ahh I won't say it. Get well ASAP Dusty.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

He probly read these message boards for the 1st time....Get well soon Dusty!!!

Makes me think of "Major League", wonder if he will be standing up on his bed in the hospital listening to it through earbuds.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I wonder if the Reds win it all that Dusty doesn't up and call it a career. Two World Series Champions, Two Managers and Two See-yas.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I wonder if the Reds win it all that Dusty doesn't up and call it a career. Two World Series Champions, Two Managers and Two See-yas.
    Last time I checked Dusty lost the WS when he was the Giants manager. But I think with this happening and the fact that he has a very young son that he could very well retire either way just to spend time with his son.

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    Last time I checked Dusty lost the WS when he was the Giants manager. But I think with this happening and the fact that he has a very young son that he could very well retire either way just to spend time with his son.
    Maybe I did not make my point clearly. LaRussa won last year and retired. Maybe Baker wins this year and retires. I never meant that this would be his second World Championship. Sorry if that was unclear.

Dusty you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Maybe I did not make my point clearly. LaRussa won last year and retired. Maybe Baker wins this year and retires. I never meant that this would be his second World Championship. Sorry if that was unclear.
    Ok, the way it was written kind of made it read that way so it's my bad I see what you were going for now.

EMAW

Sounding a little more serious than I originally thought. He is staying overnight again in the hospital and might come back to Cincinnati tomorrow. Will be very surprised if Dusty does NOT retire.

Hopefully this gives the Reds extra incentive to play harder for Dusty in the playoffs

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Hopefully this gives the Reds extra incentive to play harder for Dusty in the playoffs
    Agree and he is the kind of guy the players will go the extra mile for. Bob C may have been right when he said he planned on Dusty be with organization for a long time. See him doing some advisory stuff to front office types next year. Speier makes sense as manager.

Get better Dusty!

I like Speier, but I'm pulling for Dusty to come back and manage this team to the WS.

Say what you want, but he's gotten us where we are. Those guys bust their butts for Dusty, and they respect him, a lot.

Turn Off Ads?