Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Add Player #21 to the postseason roster...

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jose Arredondo

3 9.68%
  • Tony Cingrani

2 6.45%
  • Mike Leake

2 6.45%
  • Logan Ondrusek

1 3.23%
  • Alfredo Simon

2 6.45%
  • Miguel Cairo

1 3.23%
  • Didi gregorius

0 0%
  • Devon Mesoraco

1 3.23%
  • Dioner Navarro

19 61.29%
  • Wilson Valdez

0 0%

Thread: RedsZone Postseason Roster- Day 2

RedsZone Postseason Roster- Day 2

Okay, LeCure is in, so we have:

Pitchers (9): Cueto, Latos, Arroyo, Bailey, Chapman, Marshanll, Hoover, Broxton, LeCure

Catchers (1): Hanigan

Infielders (5): Votto, Phillips, Rolen, Cozart, Frazier

Outfielders (5): Ludwick, Stubbs, Bruce, Heisey, Paul

Five spots left- who goes in next?
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RedsZone Postseason Roster- Day 2

Arredondo. Leake, IMHO, pitched himself off last night.

Getting the obvious ones in then saving the tough decisions for the next days.

Lecture has been nails and obviously deserves it. Navarro, hitting well and a switch hitting catcher? You betcha.

Arredondo... His effectiveness against LH is to important to leave off the roster. Of course they'll take another catcher, so I went with a guy that could fill an important role.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I went Navarro only because Dusty has not given Mesoraco any reps recently. Navarro has been solid in his small sample size, but I really don't want him to start behind the dish at all in the playoffs if Hanigan is healthy due to Hanigan's superiority from a defensive standpoint.

It has got to be Navarro so we have a backup catcher. After him it is Leake. Leake is too valuable in so many different areas.

Also, wasn't Cingrani called up to the Reds on September 4th, therefore making him ineligible for the initial postseason roster (unless someone gets hurt)???

Also doesn't the same hold true for Mesoraco, Ondrusek, and Gregorius (9/1 call up)?

I could be wrong on this, but didn't they have to be a part of the club by 8/31? Or is a part of the 40 man roster by then? so confused

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    It has got to be Navarro so we have a backup catcher. After him it is Leake. Leake is too valuable in so many different areas.
    I think Leake is on, he may not start - but could be used in long relief if something bad happened...

He is also good with the bat (Does Dusty PH with him early in the game if needed) and he is quick on the base path and smart runner....

Leake can be used 3 different ways and probably could play CF an bat lead off if asked....

So, he'll be there.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Also, wasn't Cingrani called up to the Reds on September 4th, therefore making him ineligible for the initial postseason roster (unless someone gets hurt)???

Also doesn't the same hold true for Mesoraco, Ondrusek, and Gregorius (9/1 call up)?

I could be wrong on this, but didn't they have to be a part of the club by 8/31? Or is a part of the 40 man roster by then? so confused
    Reds have 2 pitchers on the 60 Day DL, correct?

From what I've read/saw, somehow they'll be able to use that to get Mez on the roster...
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

The Reds had 4 guys on the 60 day disabled list on 8/31.. that lets them swap in up to four players for the playoff roster which only had to be in the organization at 8/31.. It might be pitcher for pitcher substitution, and position player for position player. Walt was pretty smart to call up Negron and then put him on the ML 60 day DL.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Navarro has more than earned a spot on the playoff roster. He has been a pleasant surprise.

I buy into experience of post season play. My first choice is Cairo for an extra coach type to keep everyone calm.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?