Miguel Cairo 3
    Henry Rodriguez 4

Todd Frazier 5
    Chris Heisey 9
    Denis Phipps 8
    Ryan Hanigan 2
    Didi Gregorius 6
    Johnny Cueto RHP
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Senor Votto

Re: 9/20/12 - Reds @ Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    LOL

Here's the Cubby lineup:

1. David DeJesus (L) CF
    2. Darwin Barney (R) 2B
    3. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B
    4. Bryan LaHair (L) LF
    5. Starlin Castro (R) SS
    6. Luis Valbuena (L) 3B
    7. Welington Castillo (R) C
    8. Dave Sappelt (R) RF
    9. Jason Berken (R) P
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Here's the Cubby lineup:

1. David DeJesus (L) CF
    2. Darwin Barney (R) 2B
    3. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B
    4. Bryan LaHair (L) LF
    5. Starlin Castro (R) SS
    6. Luis Valbuena (L) 3B
    7. Welington Castillo (R) C
    8. Dave Sappelt (R) RF
    9. Jason Berken (R) P
    What is this Lefty-Lefty stuff in the 3 and 4 spots? It seems so foreign to me.

I really didn't think we would see a lineup like that until clinching. But it's practically clinched. I guess we could blame Speier for this lineup since Dusty is still under the weather.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I really didn't think we would see a lineup like that until clinching. But it's practically clinched. I guess we could blame Speier for this lineup since Dusty is still under the weather.
    My guess is Dusty wrote the lineup out before he left. But this is pretty brutal considering Cueto is in need of a good outing, and a win would put him back in the Cy Young race.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    My guess is Dusty wrote the lineup out before he left. But this is pretty brutal considering Cueto is in need of a good outing, and a win would put him back in the Cy Young race.
    Seems like Cueto always gets the "special" lineups when they are resting people.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post

In Fay's blog, Speier did say that this was Dusty's lineup. It almost sounded like he made it out yesterday before he had to go to the hospital.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

sweet

I'm ok with this lineup today. They played extras last night, no reason to push the regulars in a day game today. Some of the guys (Phillips mostly) look like a day off would help. Probably good idea to give Votto a break too.

Reds face "contending" teams starting tomorrow. And they will be in position clinch on the homestand. So we'll see most of the regulars starting tomorrow, I'm sure.

As for Cueto, you never know, the team could score a bunch of runs for him today. I don't think Cueto is winning the Cy Young in any event, but that can't be the main consideration.

And for those who despise the Stubbs/Valdez lineups, well maybe this is an improvement!
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-20-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I'm ok with this lineup today. They played extras last night, no reason to push the regulars in a day game today. Some of the guys (Phillips mostly) look like a day off would help. Probably good idea to give Votto a break too.

Reds face "contending" teams starting tomorrow. And they will be in position clinch on the homestand. So we'll see most of the regulars starting tomorrow, I'm sure.
    After I had a chance to think about it, I think you're right. The regulars aren't going to have a chance to get many rest days for a while, so get them today off.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I'm calling it: Phipps and Gregorius both each hit their first career HR today AND H-Rod collects his first career multi-hit game!

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Fun Fact: This will be the first time Wrigley Field has hosted a game between two minor league teams.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Fun Fact: This will be the first time Wrigley Field has hosted a game between two minor league teams.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?