Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Why not put Bruce in center?

  1. #1
    Member alett12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    694

    Why not put Bruce in center?

    Dusty has said he will not play Bruce in CF with Stubbs sucking it up going into the playoffs so that Frazier and Ludwick could play the corners, I know Bruce hasn't played CF since the Reds traded Junior but can anyone else give me a good reason that is a bad idea?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    719

    Re: Why not put Bruce in center?

    Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    Dusty has said he will not play Bruce in CF with Stubbs sucking it up going into the playoffs so that Frazier and Ludwick could play the corners, I know Bruce hasn't played CF since the Reds traded Junior but can anyone else give me a good reason that is a bad idea?
    No. It's the "Dusty" way. Ludwick may be hurt and need a few days off so Frazier will get his ABs anyways. I hope Stubbs gets hot because if Bruce and Stubbs get a streak going, the Reds will be the best team in the NL.

  4. #3
    Member alett12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    694

    Re: Why not put Bruce in center?

    Honestly I'm only asking this because of the fact that dusty refuses to give Heisey the CF spot and that is very true I would much rather see Frazier in the OF over Ludwick if Rolen is going to start at 3B

  5. #4
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,504

    Re: Why not put Bruce in center?

    Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    Honestly I'm only asking this because of the fact that dusty refuses to give Heisey the CF spot and that is very true I would much rather see Frazier in the OF over Ludwick if Rolen is going to start at 3B
    I don't want Frazier over Luddy in the OF because Luddy plays a pretty decent LF. If Stubbs must be given the majority of the playing time, then I would just rather see frazier platoon with Luddy and Rolen.

  6. #5
    Member alett12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    694

    Re: Why not put Bruce in center?

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I don't want Frazier over Luddy in the OF because Luddy plays a pretty decent LF. If Stubbs must be given the majority of the playing time, then I would just rather see frazier platoon with Luddy and Rolen.
    If you're thinking purely about defense then you would want Heisey or Paul over Ludwick every day of the week, plus I think Heisey is more consistent than Ludwick at this point.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
    Posts
    769

    Re: Why not put Bruce in center?

    rather have heisey in center, Bruce is too slow

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    719

    Re: Why not put Bruce in center?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    rather have heisey in center, Bruce is too slow
    Ludwick, Bruce, Frazier
    or
    Ludwick, Heisey, Bruce

    First one gives a better offense while the other gives the better defense. I think it SHOULD come down to who's hot going into the playoffs, PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: Why not put Bruce in center?

    In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, what separates the boys from everyone else is their defense. Solid (and then some) at every position. They just don't beat themselves and they make the big plays.

    Baker is not going to mess with that for the sake of a little more offense. Can't say I disagree.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: Why not put Bruce in center?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, what separates the boys from everyone else is their defense. Solid (and then some) at every position. They just don't beat themselves and they make the big plays.

    Baker is not going to mess with that for the sake of a little more offense. Can't say I disagree.
    Completely agree. The Frazier-Bruce-Ludwick lineup would make us worse at all 3 OF spots all at once. That shouldn't even be considered. I'm also not sure why everyone thinks it's such a terrible thing that we have a good hitter on the bench for the playoffs. Defense is huge in these close games and so is pinch hitting.

  11. #10
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,504

    Re: Why not put Bruce in center?

    Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    If you're thinking purely about defense then you would want Heisey or Paul over Ludwick every day of the week, plus I think Heisey is more consistent than Ludwick at this point.
    It's not purely about the defense. I just think that Frazier will get plenty of AB's as a platoon with Rolen and Luddy.

  12. #11
    Member Kiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    103

    Re: Why not put Bruce in center?

    you can take it to the bank that Stubbs will be starting in CF if the Reds open up in SF. Big outfield means Stubbs will start per Dusty. As for GABP then you could see Heisey get a start in CF but I think Stubbs will get the majority of the starts in the first round.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,400

    Re: Why not put Bruce in center?

    Not named Stubbs...duh

  14. #13
    * Bat Votto Second * goreds2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    OH H - EYE OH
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Why not put Bruce in center?

    Frazier is playing right field today. hmmmmm
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

    Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25