Turn Off Ads?

Thread: New Nasty Boys?

New Nasty Boys?

Chapman & Broxton are a good lefty-righty punch going into the playoffs...any nominations for a 3rd member to approximate Dibble-Charlton-Franco?

Of course as corrected below it is Myers not Franco....
    Last edited by redssince75; 09-20-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: I'm a dumas

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New Nasty Boys?

I would have to throw Marshall into that.... Isn't a flame thrower, but his curve is wicked.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

It was Myers, not Franco, who was part of the Nasty Boys. They were actually traded for each other the year before.
    "I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
    óBill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It was Myers, not Franco, who was part of the Nasty Boys. They were actually traded for each other the year before.

Oh my memory. Yes, Randy Myers -- he was the nastiest one of them all.

I really wish that Hoover would have been up here in the majors longer this year so that he could possibly be in this tandem, but he wasn't. In the future, I could see Hoover, Cingrani (as long as they keep him in the pen), and Chapman (as long as he stays the closer) being the 'Nasty Boys' per se of many years to come. But for right now I would say Marshall or possibly even Simon.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

If we could bring back Scott Sullivan and Scott Williamson, then things would really be nasty. LOL.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Honestly, with the depth this pen has, it may be better than the 1990 pen.. No Tim Birtas in this pen.

The secondary guys like LeCure, Hoover, and Simon have been phenominal.
    I think I would chose this pen over the 1990 one, despite the fact that Nasty Boys are probably better than our top 3.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?