Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RUMOR - Cano and PEDs

RUMOR - Cano and PEDs

On phone, no link. But Gammons has "reported" on it and that he has heard he tested positive. But he has said that he doesn't believe it...yet.

Also, as a side note, Cano and Melky are BFF.
    Last edited by edabbs44; 09-20-2012 at 05:47 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RUMOR - Cano and PEDs

Uh oh!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Oh my, this would be huge.

Multiple outlets on Twitter debunking this rumor. Looks like there's nothing to it.

unfortunately it doesn't surprise me anymore when anyone gets busted for PEDs.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Multiple outlets on Twitter debunking this rumor. Looks like there's nothing to it.
    Multiple outlets also "debunked" the Melky report, FWIW.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Figures a Red Sox outlet would run this story without any kind of confirmation.

Be another big suspension if it's true, no doubt.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Figures a Red Sox outlet would run this story without any kind of confirmation.

Be another big suspension if it's true, no doubt.
    Notorious Boston talk radio potstirrers get Gammons on air and ask him about the rumors they'd apparently heard or read, he gives them what seems to be a serious answer. But the station that show is on is not a Red Sox outlet and neither is CSNNE, they are the direct competitors of the stations who air Red Sox games on radio and tv.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I'm guessing it's real. The reports of baseball's drug problem's death were premature.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I'm guessing it's real. The reports of baseball's drug problem's death were premature.
    Did anyone expect otherwise. Guys in every sport are using stuff. Not all of them, but a chunk of them, yes. Football, baseball, basketball, hockey.... all of the sports has their fair share of users.

These aren't the Roids you're looking for

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Did anyone expect otherwise. Guys in every sport are using stuff. Not all of them, but a chunk of them, yes. Football, baseball, basketball, hockey.... all of the sports has their fair share of users.
    I think a fair amount thought the steroid era was "over", not that they will ever be completely eradicated. But I don't think it's as "over" as many want to believe.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    On phone, no link. But Gammons has "reported" on it and that he has heard he tested positive. But he has said that he doesn't believe it...yet.

Also, as a side note, Cano and Melky are BFF.
    More likely BFL's......

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think a fair amount thought the steroid era was "over", not that they will ever be completely eradicated. But I don't think it's as "over" as many want to believe.
    What is it, 3-5 guys getting caught a year? Out of 1200 guys (40 man roster/30 teams), that is essentially no one. I am sure a lot of guys are using and aren't being caught, but the number of people being caught that are on the 40 man rosters of teams is incredibly small.

Turn Off Ads?