Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds clinch a playoff berth!

Reds clinch a playoff berth!

Just saw on ESPN that they are the first team to clinch a playoff spot. It's really real now folks.

EDIT: Okay, so I'm a little late to the party here. But doesn't this deserve it's own thread?
    "I’ll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. That’s just how I do things.” -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds clinch!

It probably does, but I've sort of felt this was sort of weak. Yes, I understand we're definitely going to the playoffs, but I don't want to celebrate until we've actually won the division. But it's still special that we're the first to positively secure a spot. None of us expected that when the season started.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

It's wonderful that we've had such a good regular season-but a very good team will find a way to move on in the playoffs.

We're good again this season!
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Let the crapshoot begin!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Re: Reds clinch a playoff berth!

I felt a slight edit to the title was necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Wow -- I wrote a sticky! First ever!
    "I’ll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. That’s just how I do things.” -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Seeing that little X next to the Reds name on the MLB homepage feels pretty sweet right now! Hoping we see the Y (division champion, right??!) show up there at some point this weekend!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Next up the division
    Most Vottomatic Player

How ticked would ESPN be if it ends up that the Reds playing the A's or Orioles" in the WS?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    How ticked would ESPN be if it ends up that the Reds playing the A's or Orioles" in the WS?
    The ultimate anti-TV NLCS and ALCS would be Reds vs Nats and Orioles vs A's. FOX would probably shutdown if that happens.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    I'll take the A's and 1990 all over again, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    The ultimate anti-TV NLCS and ALCS would be Reds vs Nats and Orioles vs A's. FOX would probably shutdown if that happens.
    I think the Nats would be a pretty attractive draw. You have Harper and the whole Strasburg drama. Plus they are a rags-to-riches story. If they play the Reds there's that whole Davey Johnson thing.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBurn View Post
    I'll take the A's and 1990 all over again, thank you.
    With a stud Dominican pitcher picking up a couple wins and a dominating bullpen. Who's going to hit the two run jack in game one to get things started?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

Turn Off Ads?