Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who should be added to the postseason roster?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jose Arredondo

10 25.64%
  • Tony Cingrani

1 2.56%
  • Mike Leake

11 28.21%
  • Logan Ondrusek

1 2.56%
  • Alfredo Simon

6 15.38%
  • Miguel Cairo

1 2.56%
  • Didi Gregorius

2 5.13%
  • Devon Mesoraco

3 7.69%
  • Wilson Valdez

4 10.26%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RedsZone Postseason Roster- Day 3

Re: RedsZone Postseason Roster- Day 3

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Well I agree it is obvious that Valdez will make the post-season roster, but that is not what this thread is about. You are supposed to vote for who you think should make the team, not who you think will make the team.

Dusty is not going to pick a raw rookie over a veteran, even if that veteran has proven himself to be totally unreliable like Wilson Valdez. This thread would be awfully boring if we were trying to predict what Dusty is going to do because everyone already knows what Dusty is going to do.

I agree with you again that Gregorius won't make the team for Opening Day next year, nor should he most likely. Hopefully the major leagues' worst player Wilson Valdez won't be there either. Finding an upgrade for Wilson Valdez should prove to be an extremely easy task for Jocketty since it is impossible to find a downgrade for Wilson Valdez.

In my opinion Wilson Valdez should not make the post-season roster. The Reds have several better options in the system. To me the fact that Wilson Valdez has experience and has been with the Reds all season means absolutely nothing. His performance has been atrocious and his teammates, the coaches and the opposing teams all know it. Replacing the worst player with a better option is not exactly remaking the roster. Putting such a proven bad player on the post-season roster is just foolish in my opinion.
    I don't think that distinction you are making here and elsewhere is assumed. Valdez should make the playoff roster for the same reason he hung on with the team all year. I agree that he is an out machine, but his offense is not why he has hung on the team all season. So he should make the playoff roster because the Reds don't have any known better options for his role on the current roster.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RedsZone Postseason Roster- Day 3

I'm not too big in the "feelings" business. But I wonder what Mike Leake's mindset will be if left off the postseason roster.

Turn Off Ads?