Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Are you rooting against the Reds this weekend

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck No. Go Reds all day everyday!

    28 93.33%
  • Heck yes! Anything to avoid St. Louis in October

    2 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    487

    Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    I'm stealing a poll of of ESPN but I thought it was interesting for this forum given that we play the Dodgers this weekend and the fact that some Reds fans have a fear of St. Louis.

    Would you root against the Reds this homestand knowing that a Dodgers and/or Brewers win hurts the Cardinals chances of reaching the playoffs?

    Personally, I will not. I'm hoping to celebrate "Clinchmas" tonight but what say you?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    839

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    I NEVER, I mean NEVER cheer against the Reds.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

  4. #3
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    I'm stealing a poll of of ESPN but I thought it was interesting for this forum given that we play the Dodgers this weekend and the fact that some Reds fans have a fear of St. Louis.

    Would you root against the Reds this homestand knowing that a Dodgers and/or Brewers win hurts the Cardinals chances of reaching the playoffs?

    Personally, I will not. I'm hoping to celebrate "Clinchmas" tonight but what say you?
    I grew up hating the Dodgers nearly as much as the Yankees --- I don't turn around that fast so I will still be hoping they lose (along with the Whiny Birds)
    The older I get - the better I was

    and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    906

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    this poll is stupid and the fact that there are reds fans fear the cardinals is just as dumb.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,508

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    teams that play scared end up losing.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    487

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    this poll is stupid and the fact that there are reds fans fear the cardinals is just as dumb.
    Feel free to not participate or comment if it is beneath your alleged intelligence level.

    However, in the past few weeks we have had threads discussing whether it is a good idea to NOT get the #1 seed in order to avoid the wild card.

    We have had constant Cardinals/Pirates updates that is largely detailing how lucky St. Louis is and why we need to avoid them in October.

    So, this week, the Reds play the two teams that can take a wild card berth away from St. Louis. It is perfectly logical to think that those who want to avoid St. Louis in October would want to see the Dodgers or Brewers overtake them and these next 6 games are vital in making that happen.

    Like I said, I want the Reds to win and wouldn't give a crap if we play St. Louis. But there are some who don't. I think it would be interesting to read their view.

    If you don't, adios.

  8. #7
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,795

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    I don't believe in tanking games for any reason whatsoever. If you take the field you play to win. Which is one reason why I have never understood those people who, when the Reds are losing, say 'Oh, well', we still got an X amount of games lead. Win them all is what I say.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  9. #8
    throws 106. NBD.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    I really, REALLY hope this poll stays unanimous.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,830

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    I root for the Reds to win every game they play. We will still play to win obviously, but we shouldn't base what we do on what other teams are doing. That's part of having a giant lead and a clinched playoff spot. We can rest players and setup our rotation however we want.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
    Posts
    769

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    i will always root for the Reds but if the Dodgers beat us and gain ground on St Louis then im not gonna lose sleep over it

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    906

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Feel free to not participate or comment if it is beneath your alleged intelligence level.

    However, in the past few weeks we have had threads discussing whether it is a good idea to NOT get the #1 seed in order to avoid the wild card.

    We have had constant Cardinals/Pirates updates that is largely detailing how lucky St. Louis is and why we need to avoid them in October.

    So, this week, the Reds play the two teams that can take a wild card berth away from St. Louis. It is perfectly logical to think that those who want to avoid St. Louis in October would want to see the Dodgers or Brewers overtake them and these next 6 games are vital in making that happen.

    Like I said, I want the Reds to win and wouldn't give a crap if we play St. Louis. But there are some who don't. I think it would be interesting to read their view.

    If you don't, adios.
    i just think this poll has a very loser mentality to it.

    I want the #1 seed and homefield throughout. I hink its pretty clear thats what every reds fan should want aswell. I know the players do aswell.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    We should just lose to the Brewers on our own if they take 3 of 4 or better vs the Nats so no need to root for them to lose. Even if the Cards are going to make it we need to pull for them to need to fight to the end to do it.

    Playing macho baseball got the Phillies bounced in the first round and cost them a playoff spot the next year will all of the players needed surgery at the end of the year after getting rode so hard.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    198

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    I'm going on the assumption that St. Louis will be playing Atlanta in the wildcard game. And I'm hoping that we end up playing the winner of that game.

  15. #14
    Moderator LexRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    558

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    If you really wanted to avoid StL, and were a true Reds fan: You cheer against StL and for Cincy right now...and then pull against StL in the WC playoff, or pull for the Nationals to just keep pace and then we get the 2 seed.

    Personally, I'll play anyone anytime: I like our team.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    598

    Re: Root Against the Reds to Spite the Cardinals?

    Never.

    The answer is to root for the Reds to win every game and the Cardinals to lose every game from here on out. Reds get home-field advantage and Cardinals miss the playoffs. Go Reds!

    Reminder: The Reds are currently in the playoffs while the Cardinals aren't, FACT!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25