Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting to wonder about Dusty

EMAW

Starting to wonder about Dusty

Talked with a doctor friend today and he said the extended stay for irregular heart is "frankly, very unusual". Anyone else fearing this may be worse than everyone is letting on? Dusty (whether you like his managing or not) is a terrific person and a positive role model for a lot of young people.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Starting to wonder about Dusty

maybe he's okay but they just don't want him to fly so soon? i have no clue im not a doctor but hope he's okay.

I went through an irregular heartbeat issue a couple of years ago. Spent two nights in a hospital. On the second day, I was transported to a heart hospital. To get my heart beating correctly, they literally had to kill me. Cardiovert involves shocking your heart so it stops, and then shocking it again to "reboot" it.
    I was told that it is fairly common to experience, but most do not need to be cardioverted. I was hospitalized one other time with this, but it cleared with medication on that occasion.
    The after care sucks, to be blunt. Injections into your abdomen with blood thinners, and other things. On daily medication now, and no further problems.

So, if this is what Dusty is experiencing, then he is probably being told to take it easy, and avoid stressful situations for a little bit.

Hopefully Dusty is following his own rule...if you feel like you're ready take one more day.

We just don't know. If Speier is concerned then I'm concerned as well.

Get back soon and healthy!

With the stadium in playoff atmosphere like it was last night and like it will tonight, it's impossible not to celebrate...but I really want Dusty as part of the celebration (obviously the Reds do as well) He, like crazy Ron Washington is fun to watch when happy.

Get well Dusty!

Quote Originally Posted by stripedwarrior View Post
    I went through an irregular heartbeat issue a couple of years ago. Spent two nights in a hospital. On the second day, I was transported to a heart hospital. To get my heart beating correctly, they literally had to kill me. Cardiovert involves shocking your heart so it stops, and then shocking it again to "reboot" it.
    I was told that it is fairly common to experience, but most do not need to be cardioverted. I was hospitalized one other time with this, but it cleared with medication on that occasion.
    The after care sucks, to be blunt. Injections into your abdomen with blood thinners, and other things. On daily medication now, and no further problems.

So, if this is what Dusty is experiencing, then he is probably being told to take it easy, and avoid stressful situations for a little bit.
    Stressul situations will be as big as ever in 2 weeks. Pretty concerning to me.

Makes you wonder if he will be able to manager the rest of the season, unless they are flat out lying he will be fine. But the doctors might want him to be stress free for a few months.

At one point they said this was not the 1st time he has had an irregular heartbeat issue.

Get well soon Dusty

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Coming home on Sunday it looks like.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

my prayers r with u dusty com home soon

I have PVCs (pre-ventricular contractions) from time to time. Basically, it's like a flutter in my chest and a sort of "breath taken away" feeling. These are perfectly normal, understand, and it often crops up when I have shorted my sleep over several days or when I'm under great amounts of stress. Possibly, this is what Dusty is dealing with.

But hopefully, he gets better soon.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

I wonder if he may consider retiring if we win the World Series.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Dusty (whether you like his managing or not) is a terrific person and a positive role model for a lot of young people.
    This. Get well soon, Bake!
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"
    2009 Attendance Record 1-2
    2010 Attendance Record 3-1
    2011 Attendance Record 2-0
    2012 Attendance Record 6-2

ESPN released that he suffered a "mini-stroke" on Friday. I hope him the best, this is terrible news.
    There are only two seasons - Winter and Baseball.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    ESPN released that he suffered a "mini-stroke" on Friday. I hope him the best, this is terrible news.
    That is awful. Hope he makes a complete recovery.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Turn Off Ads?