Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lauren Hill - a very special young lady

Lauren Hill - a very special young lady

Her motto: never give up.

I'm not sure how many of you have been following her story. She's a very courageous, inspiring woman with a wonderful sense of humor.

My heart goes out to her family and friends.

http://fox8.com/2015/03/14/lauren-hi...ion-worsening/
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lauren Hill - a very special young lady

"Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

4. Likes:

Redflamer (03-21-2015)

Lauren is an incredible brave and very special young woman. I've followed her story since last fall and had heard that she was declining. What she is doing with her short life is more than most of us will do in many life times. We can all learn a lot from her.

6. Likes:

bucksfan2 (03-23-2015),Joseph (03-20-2015),Redflamer (03-21-2015),TeamCasey (03-20-2015)

Her boyfriend is a guy I used to hang around a lot in high school, we had the same group of close friends. I was completely blown away when ESPN did a feature on her and there he was on SportsCenter. I feel for him, that's gotta be rough, but externally he seems to be handling it pretty well.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

8. Likes:

Redflamer (03-21-2015),TeamCasey (03-20-2015)

Huh, I didn't know she had a boyfriend, and I've read probably 50+ stories about her. He certainly hasn't been made much a part of the story (for better or worse). Interesting.

I watched the videos from WCPO showing her View taping and the 20 minutes around it, and it was definitely tough to watch. She's incredibly impressive.

They call me "chef"

I read every comment thinking this was about Lauryn Hill from Fugees fame. I was so confused.

Sad, inspiring, scary, beautiful story.
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: 75-87**

*UPDATED: 2/11/2014
    **UPDATED: 1/3/2015

I am disheartened to see how she's suffering now. She looks nothing like what she did in November. She's pumped up with steroids trying to keep the pressure of the tumor off her brain. She has a hard time keeping head upright. She looks so uncomfortable. How it must be to think everytime you close your eyes you may not wake up. I can't imagine

I can't remember a person, especially a person this young, demonstrating the amount of grace and courage she has. She is truly an inspiration.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

13. Likes:

Joseph (03-21-2015),paintmered (03-21-2015),Razor Shines (03-21-2015),Redflamer (03-21-2015),Roy Tucker (03-23-2015),TeamCasey (03-22-2015)

Turn Off Ads?