Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 318

Thread: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

  1. #286
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,565

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Competent broadcasting is - especially when you've had 24 hours to get prepared.
    Unless you have a formal background in the industry, I'm not sure how anyone can be the judge of what's competent when they don't know the ins and outs of what it takes to get set up, when they can set up, how they can set up, and what contractual obligations have to be followed in doing so.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #287
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,565

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    If they've got cameras rolling, they should be airing now.
    Rolling tape is easy. Broadcasting it is a lot different story in getting hooked up to the trucks, and then getting the feed going out.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  4. #288
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,543

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    The official word it is a technical glitch:

    FOX Sports Ohio‏@FOXSportsOH

    Hey #Reds fans - SO sorry we haven't yet gotten to live coverage! Was the plan. Encountering transmission issues. Feel your frustration.

  5. #289
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    5,995

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    Well....now they can bring this up at the next round of negotiations for a new contract. Ummm....FSN...... be more prepared. You don't live in Cleveland!

  6. #290
    Go Reds Go! UKFlounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    1,879

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    Well, they're showing a Cavaliers show, so maybe they do.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Well....now they can bring this up at the next round of negotiations for a new contract. Ummm....FSN...... be more prepared. You don't live in Cleveland!

  7. #291
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,882

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    Co-majored in broadcasting. Doesn't make me a professional, but I know that it shouldn't take more than a matter of minutes (if not seconds) to get switched over - especially in a facility where you produce all season long and know you're going to be going online if the Reds clinch. They maybe delaying because of contractural obligations with the Cavs or something, but tkaing this long to switchover in this day in age is lame and makes them look rinky-dink, frankly.

  8. #292
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,543

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    Here is some short video Jim Day posted of Walt's postgame toast:

    http://www.mobypicture.com/user/JimDayTV/view/13853996

  9. #293
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,565

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Co-majored in broadcasting. Doesn't make me a professional, but I know that it shouldn't take more than a matter of minutes (if not seconds) to get switched over - especially in a facility where you produce all season long and know you're going to be going online if the Reds clinch. They maybe delaying because of contractural obligations with the Cavs or something, but tkaing this long to switchover in this day in age is lame and makes them look rinky-dink, frankly.
    That's completely and utterly mistaken and I say that from having spent 10 years in internships, broadcasting school and working in the media itself for radio/television/print.

    Most camera crews, to set up for a live feed, often need a half hour or more to set up for a multi-camera feed. Sometimes I've seen it take an hour or two. For a single-camera, on-location, it can be done rather abruptly. But if we're talking about having several cameras in a live event, you're talking half hour if you want it done thoroughly.

    When you're not allowed to get set up until after a broadcast is finished, you leave yourself little time for testing the feeds and making sure everything is working properly.

    The point you're missing here is that they didn't have 24 hours to set up. They weren't allowed to get their cameras in there until after the previous crew left. That is all the difference in the world.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  10. #294
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,543

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    FOX Sports Ohio‏@FOXSportsOH

    Again #Reds fans! We are sorry it's taking so long! We are really trying to get it on the air - having transmissions issues. Thx 4 patience

  11. #295
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,543

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    That's completely and utterly mistaken and I say that from having spent 10 years in internships, broadcasting school and working in the media itself for radio/television/print.

    Most camera crews, to set up for a live feed, often need a half hour or more to set up for a multi-camera feed. Sometimes I've seen it take an hour or two. For a single-camera, on-location, it can be done rather abruptly. But if we're talking about having several cameras in a live event, you're talking half hour if you want it done thoroughly.

    When you're not allowed to get set up until after a broadcast is finished, you leave yourself little time for testing the feeds and making sure everything is working properly.

    The point you're missing here is that they didn't have 24 hours to set up. They weren't allowed to get their cameras in there until after the previous crew left. That is all the difference in the world.

    The thing is if that is the issue they should not have promoted carrying a postgame last night. They should not have had Fox announce to turn over to FSN Ohio for a postgame.

  12. #296
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,543

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    FOX Sports Ohio‏@FOXSportsOH

    @JohnJudkinsLaw Still trying for tonight. We don't have tomorrow's game either! Will post updates as make progress. Thx for patience!
    It is really starting to sound like this is not happening tonight.

  13. #297
    Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Posts
    8,408
    I left a few minutes ago and they were still broadcasting out on the field. Just a side note this is also scout camp night at GABP... Had to get past lots of scouts with sleeping bags! Oh, and I got a gray t-shirt this time!
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 18-16
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

  14. #298
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,565

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The thing is if that is the issue they should not have promoted carrying a postgame last night. They should not have had Fox announce to turn over to FSN Ohio for a postgame.
    Well they were going to carry a postgame, they just never said it whether it would be immediately or shortly after. Unfortunately the ambiguity left people to assume it would be an immediate transition. That wasn't practical and that's probably where they failed to temper expectations.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  15. #299
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,659

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    As far as the game goes, that was a playoff style win today. A big game by a stud pitcher, a few bombs, break it open late against the bullpen. And getting Chapman in the game with a six run cushion was the perfect scenario.

    A great clinch game.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  16. #300
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    5,995

    Re: 9/22/12- Reds vs. Dodgers, "Let's Clinch this Thing Again!!!"

    Bob C is right now saying "I am going to start my own Reds channel. Forget these guys."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25