Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pirates' weird Navy SEALS training doesn't go over well with top prospects

Re: Pirates' weird Navy SEALS training doesn't go over well with top prospects

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

OMFreakin'G. Not sure why I'm just now getting to reading this article, but that is some funny stuff. What a bunch of clowns.

I don't mind this actually think its kind of a cool idea. Professional athletes do all kinds of "odd" training in the off season. I don't know where hand to hand combat fits into baseball, but getting your players in tip top shape heading into a season is often a good idea. In fact I have yet to see a thread "I am in the worst shape of my life" heading into spring training.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't mind this actually think its kind of a cool idea. Professional athletes do all kinds of "odd" training in the off season. I don't know where hand to hand combat fits into baseball, but getting your players in tip top shape heading into a season is often a good idea. In fact I have yet to see a thread "I am in the worst shape of my life" heading into spring training.
    The getting in shape aspect is just a part of it, the rest is nonsense and the letter from the staff member is ridiculous and over the top.

The later trumps the former by far IMO.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Apollo Creed got Rocky into swimming.

And an awkward hug after a foot race..
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    And an awkward hug after a foot race..
    "There IS NO TOMORROW!"

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Idiots. Incompetent, bumbling idiots.
    http://deadspin.com/5954443/the-pira...type-exercises

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Idiots. Incompetent, bumbling idiots.
    http://deadspin.com/5954443/the-pira...type-exercises
    In other words, they lied. Probably because they thought they could, probably because they never thought Kovacevic would get a hold of the interpreter, let alone another player who also took part in the exercise. But it doesn't end there. Kovacevic has made it clear that after he first wrote about the Navy SEALs bit last month, team employees began approaching him left and right to rip both Stark and Stark's boss, GM Neal Huntington. Which clearly speaks to a larger problem that was further laid bare when team president Frank Coonelly said there would be no changes at the top of the organization this offseason, only to have owner Bob Nutting say just one day later that "[e]very area of the organization should, must and will be reviewed."

After 20 years of losing, the Pirates keep finding new ways to fail.

I was just coming to bump this. Here's to twenty more losing seasons!

Can't believe they'd take this chance with Polanco. Somebody please get rid of Huntington. I know many here have praised him, but I've always thought he was borderline incompetent. The border's gone.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?