Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should Votto bat 3rd in the postseason?

Re: Should Votto bat 3rd in the postseason?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I guess I'm not thinking exactly straight. My mom had a stroke on Wednesday while having open heart surgery to replace her aortic valve and I just can't seem to get my thoughts together. 72 years old, a wonderful woman who's family is everything to her. It's hard watching this happen.

I'll refrain from any more crazy lineup ideas while I'm not right in my mind. I've been trying to take my mind off it, and obviously it's not working. Sorry.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Dusty likes the lefty righty thing in the lineup, so here's what it should be with options:

2B Phillips
    1B Votto
    C Hanigan
    RF Bruce
    3B Frazier/Rolen
    LF Ludwick
    CF Heisey
    SS Cozart

Or flip Hanigan and Heisey. And flip Frazier/Rolen with Ludwick. Go with the hot bats.
    Dear God, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

I guess I'm not thinking exactly straight. My mom had a stroke on Wednesday while having open heart surgery to replace her aortic valve and I just can't seem to get my thoughts together. 72 years old, a wonderful woman who's family is everything to her. It's hard watching this happen.

I'll refrain from any more crazy lineup ideas while I'm not right in my mind. I've been trying to take my mind off it, and obviously it's not working. Sorry.
    That's no excuse for batting Hanigan third. But seriously, sorry to hear that. Hope it all works out.

I don't care what the stats say on Ludwick. The guy I've seen this month has struggled most of the time.

Votto should have always been batting 2nd. Until they get a legit cleanup hitter, he's been wasted in the 3-hole for most of his career.
    If Votto is wasted in the 3rd spot because they don't have a legit cleanup hitter, won't he also be wasted in the 2nd spot?

I think the Reds should leave Votto in the 3rd spot, especially because his knee isn't 100%.. Let him be in the role he's been at all year.

The other batting slots.. Well, the other best hitters are Phillips, Ludwick, Bruce and Rolen/Frasier.. Dusty has been consistently bunching those hitters together.. that's what matters. The particular order those guys are in is less important. I actually agree with Dusty's idea of not batting Votto/Bruce back to back as well. Several times this year, a LH reliever pitched to Phillips because of this.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?