Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: National League Central Champs v. Dodgers Sunday 9/23

Re: National League Central Champs v. Dodgers Sunday 9/23

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    It is going to be very interesting to see how they use Stubbs during the playoffs. He made a very good play in center, but geesh, he just can't hit.
    Heisey also makes that catch.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Leave my glass alone. It's been full all season long.

Only thing I'm chaffed about is losing a season series bet to my Dodger buddy here in town for about the 7th time in 8 years and getting about two dozen text messages from him tonight. It's like Groundhog Day. They suck before a Reds series. They win the Reds series. They suck after the Reds series.

Just let me self-medicate.
    Yesterday's win and celebration was the equivalent of 10
    season series. If I was your Dodger friend, I would not have much to say.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Yesterday's win and celebration was the equivalent of 10
    season series. If I was your Dodger friend, I would not have much to say.
    He thrives on little victories. Pride keeps me from just cancelling the bet permanently.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

What a cannon by Phipps!!!

AGon just owned us all night long.

Very impressive that the boys played so hard after yesterday's celebration and in a game that for them meant nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Very impressive that the boys played so hard after yesterday's celebration and in a game that for them meant nothing.
    There are only a few that don't always go all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Bailey should have been taken out after the 2nd(if you call it that) Gonzo Hr.

^^ Really dumb statement. What else would you call it?

Do the fences move back when the Reds hit?
    Nope, but the Reds aren't really contact hitters. Votto and Bruce are sluggers, Cozart is a slugger SS. Only BP and Frazier are contact hitters. Heisey in the past has gotten HR's that way in GAB, though it was down this year along with the entire offense.

Gonzo just stuck his bat out there and let the currents do the rest, he did not make great contact with that ball(a slider). Everybody and their mother knows that. Frazier and BP have gotten HR's in that manner as well, so there!!!!

If I was Bailey, I would moon that start. Should have ended up alot better than it was. Even worse luck than against the Cards in August.

Turn Off Ads?