Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Postseason

Postseason

Hello fellow reds fans, what is your ideal seed for post season. We could settle for 2 and go on road 1st to play giants. Or how about fighting for number 1 seed and get the wildcard team who has burned their ace already, but it would be late notice on where we are travelling. And finally 3rd, i am by no means saying we should lose on purpose, but would it be somewhat better to start at home but not have home field advantage??

Opinions?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Postseason

how this is still a question is beyond me. the reds best chance of getting to the WS is w/ the #1 seed. Plain and simple.

Don't care.....need to be playing well with a sharp Cueto and Chapman and some timely hitting.

I like our chances of beating SF the most.....I think the Cards beat the Braves and then Nats.....we'll still have HF

Re: Postseason

The Second seed and facing the Giants is the best. Matt Cain is 0-2 against us this year, Bumgarner is slumping with a 5.51 over the last month worth of starts and has been bad on the road, Lincecum while pitching better in the second half still isn't the same guy he was before and Vogelsong has completely fell off and Zito is Zito giving them a weak #4 to choose from.

Latos is 0-2 in 3 starts with a 9.77 vs the Cardinals this year and 1-4 with a 10.24 lifetime. Cueto is 0-0 with a 3 ERA in two starts against St Louis this year but he's only going 6 a game and giving up plenty of hits and has a 4.66 lifetime ERA in 15 starts. With those two having so many issues with the Cardinals I would like to avoid seeing them in a short series.

These two lifetime vs the Giants....
    Johnny Cueto 2-1 in 4 starts with a 1.93 ERA
    Mat Latos 4-3 in 11 starts with a 2.19 ERA

Turn Off Ads?