Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edwin Encarnación

KD1476

Edwin Encarnación

Anyone else surprised at 41 HR’s and 105 RBI? Maybe it is the dome in Toronto or maybe Melky Cabrera has him on a good workout program. Disregard if this has been addressed recently.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Edwin Encarnación

I think all of us knew he had this potential. We just did not know when it would happen.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I knew he had potential but not 40HR+ and 100RBI+ potential. Somethin' ain't right

I have him 5th in the MVP race.

Great offensive season from one frustrating former Reds player.

Playing in the Dome is helpful....many games in Boston and Yankee stadium....but he's mashed some huge homers.

Of course we can't forget the guy in CF stands signaling the pitches.

Dunn just hit his 40th and 41st HR tonight.

Hamilton #43

KD1476

I new he had some pop in his bat and as you said he definitely had the potential, but 41 HR's with a few games left...I did not see that happening. I do not miss his errant throws over to first base, maybe that is why he is DHing some.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1476 View Post
    I new he had some pop in his bat and as you said he definitely had the potential, but 41 HR's with a few games left...I did not see that happening. I do not miss his errant throws over to first base, maybe that is why he is DHing some.
    More than 1/2 his games are as a DH....only 8 innings at 3rd all year.

Is playing in the Dome more helpful than playing at GABP? I am a cynic by nature but something seems amiss in Toronto. Batista suddenly starts hitting 40+. Encarnacion 40+.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1476 View Post
    Anyone else surprised at 41 HR’s and 105 RBI? Maybe it is the dome in Toronto or maybe Melky Cabrera has him on a good workout program. Disregard if this has been addressed recently.
    I agree with you. This guy was released last year I think it was and resigned by the BJays. It wouldn't surprise me if Batista gave him a few "pointers."

Sign stealing will do that for you.

Ryan Braun is not suprised.

Career year

unfortunately, recent history wtih PEDs has created a mindset that any sudden boost in numbers must be met with extreme skepticism.

At this point, even a guy like Jeter is no longer above suspicion.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index..._copy_26728753

No one on the Reds hits baseballs like that.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Todd F beat that by like 55 feet.

I really don't care what he is doing for the jays. He never did it for the reds, and while the deal that sent him to Toronto gave us a player that was in the downside if his career it's a perfect example of how it's not always the potential or talent exchanged in a trade it's about getting what your team needs. Without rolen I don't think the reds would have taken the step to the next level in 2010

17. Likes:

dwyerbrg (05-02-2013),herbdizzle (05-01-2013),texasdave (05-01-2013)

Turn Off Ads?