Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dusty had a "mini-stroke"

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Dusty may have pneumonia

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/2012/...g-chest-x-ray/

Reds manager Dusty Baker left Wrigley Field for a local hospital Wednesday afternoon. A team spokesman said that Baker was going to have a chest X-ray to rule out pneumonia.

Baker, 63, departed the ballpark in street clothes just over two hours before his Reds were set to play the Cubs. Bench coach Chris Speier will manage the club if Baker does not return by game time.
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Dusty may have pneumonia

That does not sound good. Hopefully it is just a cold.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Geez. My 17 year old daughter has bad bronchitis right now. My mom just had open heart surgery today to replace her aortic valve and repair another valve (currently in ICU recovering). My niece contracted mono.

Weird Summer weather. July was like the usual August this year, extremely hot. August was hot, but not as hot as usual. September seems to be getting milder than usual.

I think the changing weather is doing people in.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Geez. My 17 year old daughter has bad bronchitis right now. My mom just had open heart surgery today to replace her aortic valve and repair another valve (currently in ICU recovering). My niece contracted mono.

Weird Summer weather. July was like the usual August this year, extremely hot. August was hot, but not as hot as usual. September seems to be getting milder than usual.

I spent most of Friday-Monday in bed with flu like symptoms. My friends in Virginia had it as well, which is probably where I got it from.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Hope you feel better.

I have several friends who thought they simply had a cold, and now it's turned into a bad, coughing bronchitis-type thing, too.

Good luck to you and all who are battling sickness. It can wear you down.

Hopefully Stubbs and Valdez don't come down with it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Pneumonia and Bronchitis is nothing to mess around with. Glad to see Baker went ahead to the hospital today to get it looked at.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Pneumonia and Bronchitis is nothing to mess around with. Glad to see Baker went ahead to the hospital today to get it looked at.

-Matt
    Amen. I got pneumonia five years ago when I was 21 and in great health, and it destroyed me. Was really scary.

I had my son at the hospital on Sunday for croup. His lips turned blue he was having such a hard time breathing. Get home to Cincy, and relax until Monday Dusty.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Hopefully Stubbs and Valdez don't come down with it.
    I think it's their bats that are suffocating.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post

It can really bring you down. I use to get Bronchitis or Pneumonia (couple times BOTH) at least once a winter. It sucks, many days I don't remember because of it. I hope Dusty gets well soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I heard in the post game that he has had a history of irregular heartbeat and that he'll probably miss tomorrow as well.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Wow, get better soon Dusty.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Not good. Dusty and I are the same age, but I remember my father who had the same problem at age 64. Shortly thereafter, he had a heart attack. He lived 8 years, but couldn't work. Lots of stuff to think about, but his health is all important right now.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I suggest that Speier not use Ondrusek or Arredondo in any crucial situations in tomorrow's game, in case Dusty is watching. No need to put any extra stress on his heart
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?