Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gagne: "80% of Dodgers teammates were using PEDs"

Gagne: "80% of Dodgers teammates were using PEDs"

"I was intimately aware of the clubhouse in which I lived. I would say that 80 percent of the Dodgers players were consuming them," Gagne says in the book.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...mates-were-hgh

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Gagne: "80% of Dodgers teammates were using PEDs"

Like with Canseco, they'll say he's exaggerating to sell his book.
    But he's probably not.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Looks like the problem may be quite a bit worse than I thought.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Looks like the problem may be quite a bit worse than I thought.
    Or maybe those west coast teams just have really easy access to that stuff.

Not that the problem of PED usage is over, but Gagne hasn't pitched for the Dodgers since 2006. I think many players from the old generation of PED use, of Gagne's era, are gone. Looking at his Dodgers teammates from that time, you had guys who were definitely using like Guillermo Mota, Matt Herges, Paul Lo Duca, and Gary Sheffield, in addition to guys who had question marks by their name like Shawn Green and Kevin Brown.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Not that the problem of PED usage is over, but Gagne hasn't pitched for the Dodgers since 2006. I think many players from the old generation of PED use, of Gagne's era, are gone. Looking at his Dodgers teammates from that time, you had guys who were definitely using like Guillermo Mota, Matt Herges, Paul Lo Duca, and Gary Sheffield, in addition to guys who had question marks by their name like Shawn Green and Kevin Brown.
    Absolutely agree. If memory serves, it wasn't against the rules either. So, why not take that road!? A real shame, but that era is over.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Absolutely agree. If memory serves, it wasn't against the rules either. So, why not take that road!? A real shame, but that era is over.
    There was a rule stating that PEDs were forbidden.

What was missing was any kind of testing, or any kind of enforcement, so the rule was a complete joke.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Are drugs like Adderall on the list of banned substances? I was told last weekend by a PR person for someone who got banned from NASCAR that it was not. Tried to look it up without success.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    There was a rule stating that PEDs were forbidden.

What was missing was any kind of testing, or any kind of enforcement, so the rule was a complete joke.
    Yes. That is correct. I was getting that confused with some of the PED's that were not illegal or forbidden at the time.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

This is the least-surprising thing of all time.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Wait, did you just list all those guys and then say Kevin Brown was a "question mark"? Uh, Kevin Brown is almost as obvious as Barry Bonds IMO.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Are drugs like Adderall on the list of banned substances? I was told last weekend by a PR person for someone who got banned from NASCAR that it was not. Tried to look it up without success.
    I know it is in the NFL.

Beltre and Dreifort were also in one of those buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Or maybe those west coast teams just have really easy access to that stuff.
    You are probably both correct. But the Bosox and NYY were also epicenters of usage. Rangers as well. And the Sosas and McGwires of the world didn't have any issue getting it either.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I know it is in the NFL.
    can you get a waiver for adderall if you've been taking it for legitimate medically-prescribed reasons?
    Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?