Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gagne: "80% of Dodgers teammates were using PEDs"

Haunted by walks

Re: Gagne: "80% of Dodgers teammates were using PEDs"

So which current Reds were on those Dodger teams? That's the worst part of all this.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have said all along I think most players during that time at least "dabbled" in taking PED's. It was not against the rules and what better way to try to get an edge. I can't really blame them in some ways. I think sometime down the road we will find out that at least 80% of the players were taking PEDS and these claims made by players like Gagne, will be largely proven correct.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Wait, did you just list all those guys and then say Kevin Brown was a "question mark"? Uh, Kevin Brown is almost as obvious as Barry Bonds IMO.
    Well I limited the 'definitely' guys to the guys who either admitted to it, were suspended for it, or were included in the Mitchell Report.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Are drugs like Adderall on the list of banned substances? I was told last weekend by a PR person for someone who got banned from NASCAR that it was not. Tried to look it up without success.
    I bet it is. In the NFL it is banned. Joe Haden from the Browns was suspended 4 games this year because of it.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    It was not against the rules
    It WAS against the rules. These were/are controlled substances.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Are drugs like Adderall on the list of banned substances? I was told last weekend by a PR person for someone who got banned from NASCAR that it was not. Tried to look it up without success.
    Yes, it is a banned substance. You can get approval for it through MLB, but it can take YEARS. A minor leaguer who shall remain nameless was finally approved for it this year. He had been waiting for approval for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    It WAS against the rules. These were/are controlled substances.
    Well, true. Most were anyway. I was thinking of it from the standpoint of specifically banned through their CBA.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

If 80% Gagne's 2003 Dodgers were using PEDs, it certainly didn't help them from the offensive standpoint. IIRC, The pitching--both starters and pen--was lights out. The offense? They couldn't score in Tijuana with a limitless wallet.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

-The Insider-

I don't know if 80% of players use it, but I would say that in the 90s or early 2000s it was at least 50 precent, just from my understanding/talks.

Turn Off Ads?