Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: According to Jim Day, Players Hate the Woos

According to Jim Day, Players Hate the Woos

@JimDayTV: I know some like the “woos” in the crowd but I can tell you the #Reds players DO NOT like it. They wish it would go away.
    Interesting. I wondered how the players felt, but like them it's getting tiring to me. Doubt it will go away.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Re: According to Jim Day, Players Hate the Woos

The media members (like Day, Sheldon, Jamie Ramsey, etc) have done nothing but whine about the howling ever since it started. That makes me like it even that much more. I'm guessing most of the players think it's cool despite what Day says. I bet they love having the fans involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    The media members (like Day, Sheldon, Jamie Ramsey, etc) have done nothing but whine about the howling ever since it started. That makes me like it even that much more. I'm guessing most of the players think it's cool despite what Day says. I bet they love having the fans involved.
    Yea, I doubt he surveyed everyone on the roster. I'd say at the most he talked to a few guys and now it's "the players don't like it."

Unless I see actual quotes from players I'm not gonna buy it just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Yea, I doubt he surveyed everyone on the roster. I'd say at the most he talked to a few guys and now it's "the players don't like it."

Unless I see actual quotes from players I'm not gonna buy it just yet.
    I imagine we'll see that--the quotes that is. Regardless, like Thundersticks and other such things, this too will pass.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Just remember, Woorld Series begins with Woo!

rld Series!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

If a few players don't like it, that's enough for me to stop if I want them to win. It's not like the wooing makes them better.

I can't imagine any player liking it. It's beyond distracting. It has the exact opposite effect of a big cheer or a chant. It's random and startling, and makes it harder to focus on the game. It needs to go away, immediately.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Yes, its much worse than every stadium in America taking the guy with the "ooooo" sound in his name and saying it loud and long, like Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Go back and watch Joey's RBI double last night in the fifth. Two or three morons woo'd as the pitch was coming. I think it's funny when used the right way, but come on guys.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I'm sick of the Woooing too. Time for it to die off

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If someone is doing it close to me at the first home playoff game, they might get punched. Or I might kindly ask them to stop. One of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Go back and watch Joey's RBI double last night in the fifth. Two or three morons woo'd as the pitch was coming. I think it's funny when used the right way, but come on guys.
    Certainly didn't seem to distract him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Agreed. It's pointless and sophomoric, let alone completely annoying.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It's beyond distracting. It has the exact opposite effect of a big cheer or a chant. It's random and startling, and makes it harder to focus on the game.
    It is probably more distracting to the opponent who has never heard it before.

This is not a golf match. This is BASEBALL for crying out loud. Fans - Do whatever you want in the stands. You are ALLOWED to distract the players.

As someone who was in attendance for all 14 innings the night it started, I would love for this to stick around for a long while.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Congratulations, Reds fans -- you've actually managed to find something dumber to do at a game than start the wave.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?