Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: According to Jim Day, Players Hate the Woos

Re: According to Jim Day, Players Hate the Woos

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Agreed. It's pointless and sophomoric, let alone completely annoying.
    This is my favorite post on this thread so far....though the entire thread is HILARIOUS.

"Pointless and Sophomoric" which is entirely unlike other sporting traditions through this great land of ours.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    Because stopping would make too much sense.
    How do you stop it? Do you get ushers to kick them out of the game for howling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    This is my favorite post on this thread so far....though the entire thread is HILARIOUS.

"Pointless and Sophomoric" which is entirely unlike other sporting traditions through this great land of ours.

It's no worse or no better then thundersticks, rally monkeys, sweet caroline, rally towels, pick one. It's silly but harmless.

It should be, though, a 9th inning rally cry. Bottom of the 9th, have the PA guy fire up "Bark At The Moon" or "Bad Moon Rising" or "Werewolve of London" and let the crowd start to howl!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

I've seen many fans over the years warned for being annoying with their attemps at rally noises. If enough people complain to the ushers, something will be done.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I've seen many fans over the years warned for being annoying with their attemps at rally noises. If enough people complain to the ushers, something will be done.
    And if they eject people from the park for howling, I can see an enterprising lawyer or two take the Reds to court.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

And if they eject people from the park for howling, I can see an enterprising lawyer or two take the Reds to court.
    It's on the back of every ticket that they can be kicked out for being basically any reason. Fans are kicked out of games all the time.

I can see some fans trying to make their case to local media, and that may be what the Reds are concerned about.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

wow....its a freaking howl....who cares...its something different that does not happen at other stadiums and I for one love the fact that it is annpying....whats next? we going to tell fans how long or how loud they can cheer? I agree it is not traditional but that is what makes it great....at least fans are doing something other than sitting on their butts and looking at their cell phones for facebook posts all game.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    wow....its a freaking howl....who cares...its something different that does not happen at other stadiums and I for one love the fact that it is annpying....whats next? we going to tell fans how long or how loud they can cheer? I agree it is not traditional but that is what makes it great....at least fans are doing something other than sitting on their butts and looking at their cell phones for facebook posts all game.
    It's annoying. I couldnt imagine being Mike Leake and start hearing that in your head and lose focus. It would drive me nuts.

Facebook during games? I can't even get a signal in GABP.

I bet the Reds will end "Bark in the Park".
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    It's annoying. I couldnt imagine being Mike Leake and start hearing that in your head and lose focus. It would drive me nuts.
    I would hope that players are focused enough that they can shut it out.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I bet the Reds will end "Bark in the Park".
    The Bark in the Park events are wildly popular with the fans. They aren't going anywhere.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - Cincinnati Reds vs. San Francisco Giants, 7:10 p.m.

• Bark in the Park presented by Iams and Kroger: Over 600 dogs and their owners will be at the ballpark for the first sold-out Bark in the Park of the 2012 season.

Monday, Sept. 10, 2012 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:10 p.m.

• Bark in the Park: Over 600 dogs and their owners will be at the ballpark for the second sold-out Bark in the Park of the 2012 season, presented by Iams and Kroger.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...r_cin&c_id=cin

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...r_cin&c_id=cin
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

No wonder the players are in a hitting slump. They don't like the howls. It's affecting their hitting. Please stop it.

Which would be nother sophomoric act by those esteemed lawyers.

Yeah, it's annoying, but if you ignore it, it will eventually go away. That's about all we can do about it.

Turn Off Ads?