Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Reds vs. Brewers 9/27 Thursday - Home Finale

Re: Reds vs. Brewers 9/27 Thursday - Home Finale

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Watched the replay and I cannot believe Aoki didn't catch that. Considering he catches everything we hit in his area code that was just a brutal mistake at the worst time.
    I wonder if those two home-run distance foul balls down the line had him shading that way a step?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Latos must be unofficial shaving-cream pie-in-the-face guy for this team.

They credited Navarro with a triple. Not that it matters.

If you didn't see that hit by Navarro you need to go watch the replay at mlb.com. He was like a kid in a candy shop running from first to second.

Bakers Dozen

Navarro waving Bruce around as he ran to 2nd might actually qualify as my favorite moment of the year so far. Pure joy, that was awesome! And he just kept running the bases LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by PumpFak3First View Post
    Navarro waving Bruce around as he ran to 2nd might actually qualify as my favorite moment of the year so far. Pure joy, that was awesome! And he just kept running the bases LMAO!
    I have to agree. Awesome.

EMAW

1st game of 2011 and last game of 2012 the Reds beat the Brewers with a last inning game winner from the catcher

I wish we would have tanked this series, now we helped the Cardinals in to the playoffs and gave them a cushion to allow them to set their rotation to anything they want and allow them to start anyone they like in the play in game. So we could have potentially set up out own poison pill.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    I wish we would have tanked this series, now we helped the Cardinals in to the playoffs and gave them a cushion to allow them to set their rotation to anything they want and allow them to start anyone they like in the play in game. So we could have potentially set up out own poison pill.
    Who cares about them setting up there rotation. There is still a high chance the braves make it in instead of them. I think you win all you can and play for the high seed. I'm telling you, the Cards are nowhere near a good as the giants right now.

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Who cares about them setting up there rotation. There is still a high chance the braves make it in instead of them. I think you win all you can and play for the high seed. I'm telling you, the Cards are nowhere near a good as the giants right now.
    They have just as good of a shot as the Braves do and I would pick them as the favorite with all of the 3 guys they could now start. Everyone is in love with Kris Medlen but he hasn't done much in his career vs winning teams with a 5-7 record with a 3.98 ERA vs 13-1 and 2.16 vs losing teams.

I would rather play the Giants personally the Reds are 2-0 off Cain this year and the rest of their starters are having issues and are fading down the stretch. The Cards have a team full of banged up bats, by allowing them to get locked up early we are allowing them to rest those guys up to get a second win for the playoffs.

The last thing I want to see if the Cardinals get healthy and hot for a short series.
    Beltran .217 last 45 games
    Holliday .208 last 27 games
    Freese .247 last 47 games
    Jay .266 last 30 games
    Craig .267 last 28 games

That's the whole top of their lineup coming into the playoffs due, its kinda scary especially when you factor in..

Career vs Cardinals
    1-4, 10.24 for Mat Latos
    4-4, 4.66 for Johnny Cueto
    8-12, 4.54 for Bronson Arroyo
    3-7, 5.32 for Homer Bailey
    2-2, 4.66 for Mike Leake

They have beat us in 3 of 4 series we played this year. Sucks we could have hand picked who we played but we pulled a Phillies and set up to play our worst match up possible in the DS and give them a chance rest their slumping banged up hitters who had been rode hard trying to make it, and then they get to set up any rotation they like rather than fighting it out to game 162.

If the goal is to win it all, you don't play scared. And the notion that we'd purposefully tank a series out of fear of St. Louis is a losing mentality.

Turn Off Ads?