Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navarro

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Navarro

So is he in the Reds long term plans that include next season?

The dude is a tough out at the plate. Has been solid calling games too.

I wonder if Mez still has any trade value this offseason.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Navarro

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post

1. Mesoraco has plenty of trade value

2. Mesoraco is not being traded unless we are finding another suitable long term contract.

8th grade was a great year, I fell in love about 40 times.

September is 8th grade in baseball land

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

I bet one of 'em was Winnie Cooper.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I hope October 1 is not to him as midnight was to Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post

If you look at his mlb history, the guys really isn't that strong of a hitter. For the most part, this year has been a small sample size. If you expose him over a full season, then pitchers will again expose him.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Would make an excellent backup/part-timer for the next few years. His bat is solid and receiving skills are adequate. The fact that he's a switch-hitter who's not terrible on one side is a real plus.

I think we have the Hanigan/Mesoraco split again for the next season, with Mes possibly seeing more chances. Then Mes will take over almost full time in 2014. Then we will possibly see Barnhart up here when that happens to take over the role that Hanigan has.

I think we have the Hanigan/Mesoraco split again for the next season, with Mes possibly seeing more chances. Then Mes will take over almost full time in 2014. Then we will possibly see Barnhart up here when that happens to take over the role that Hanigan has.
    I used to think the same way. Not so sure any more. I think they really like Hanigan, and Jocketty has a history of going with great defense behind the plate (Matheny, Molina).

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I used to think the same way. Not so sure any more. I think they really like Hanigan, and Jocketty has a history of going with great defense behind the plate (Matheny, Molina).
    That was LaRussa too, fact is after dumping Grandel they won't be dealing Mes so they have a catching hole in 2 years. Haniagan is 31 and smallish

-The Insider-

Well he is not under club control so he'll be a free agent. Unless Mesoraco or Hanigan is traded, he will be gone.

If NL teams went with 11 man pitching staffs and 6 man position benches, Navarro would stay. He'd be a third catcher who pinch hits frequently. Kind of like Javier Valentin. This would help the Reds since he switch hits, a rarity for this ballclub.

Unfortunately, with 12 pitchers and a 5 man bench, you really can't afford three catchers unless one plays other positions. So Navarro will almost definitely be gone.

I doubt he will want to stay in AAA for most of the year next season, he'll get a major league job, which he will accept.

Hanigan is going nowhere. Mes is going nowhere. So Navarro will go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Well he is not under club control so he'll be a free agent. Unless Mesoraco or Hanigan is traded, he will be gone.
    But assuming he's not a huge commodity on the open market, that really doesn't preclude the Reds from re-signing him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds sign him to a generous minor league contract just to have the benefit of having him as minor league depth. They could pay him major league minimum and play him at AAA.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Part of the reason he's having such a good year is that he's playing for next years' contract. Highly unlikely he'll be with the Reds unless someone comes along with a can't refuse trade offer that would include Mesoraco.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

A career sample size is more reliable in judging an older player's worth going forward than a few good weeks.

And Mesoraco still has a ton of trade value.

Turn Off Ads?