Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Navarro

Re: Navarro

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    But assuming he's not a huge commodity on the open market, that really doesn't preclude the Reds from re-signing him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds sign him to a generous minor league contract just to have the benefit of having him as minor league depth. They could pay him major league minimum and play him at AAA.
    That's what I think as well.

It's really not out of the question that Mes might spend the start of next season at AAA.. Like maybe 6-8 weeks. That would be attractive to Navarro.
    Navarro was obviously not a hot commodity last offseason, I think it's at least 50-50 that the Reds could sign him to another AAA contract.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I think the Reds might be more interested in retaining Navarro than people think.

Mez was a huge disappointment to me and many other people.

I could see Mez spending next season back at triple A and Navarro being the second catcher.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I think the Reds might be more interested in retaining Navarro than people think.

Mez was a huge disappointment to me and many other people.

I could see Mez spending next season back at triple A and Navarro being the second catcher.
    I could see them retaining him as insurance.

Mes will get every chance to play at least half time in 2013.

Navaro in his career hasn't produced a whole lot more than Mess did this year.

Mes didn't hit a whole bunch this year but he's still a huge part of the Reds expected future. His on base skills and power potential ensure he's be at least a decent enough to be part of a catcher tandem going forward.

Navarro seems likely to land a guaranteed backup gig somewhere after this year but if he doesn't, the Reds would be smart to bring him back as insurance like PP said.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?