Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Homer!!!!

Re: Homer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Next year they should try to get all his starts on the road lol
    I'm still advocating for him pitching game two in the playoffs. If he's going to start, I'd much rather he start on the road and let Cueto or Latos pitch in Cincinnati.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm very impressed with Homer's great game. Ten Ks, and a wonderfully pitched no hit effort. I'm also impressed with Homer's maturing attitude in the post game interview with Jim Day. We are going to be glad we didn't trade this young man...
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Is that a record? That's the 7th no-no tossed this year. If it's not a record, it's got to be damned close. (personally, I'd be STUNNED if it's not a record)

~edit~ consider me stunned. From ESPN (The seven no-hitters matches the modern record for most in a season, tying 1990 and 1991. There were eight no-hitters in 1884.)

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)
    Whole family was excited when Brandon nabbed it! I was so nervous. Can't imagine how he felt.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I'm very impressed with Homer's great game. Ten Ks, and a wonderfully pitched no hit effort. I'm also impressed with Homer's maturing attitude in the post game interview with Jim Day. We are going to be glad we didn't trade this young man...
    It wasn't 8-0....it was 1-0. The hardest no-hitter to pitch.

I hope this rings a bell for Dusty to start him game #2...his home/away splits are nuts. He is just better on the road.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Have to wonder if it is the ONLY Reds no hitter that has been on tv. Anyone know?
    Reds used to show all away games on TV (since late 50's) these are the games that might have been on TV

August 19, 1965 Jim MaloneyŁ (1) at Cubs
    July 29, 1968 George Culver @ Phillies

I'm betting Maloney's was on Chicago TV for sure

I would have given up Homer for two infield vets and a turkey on Thanksgiving a few years ago, and while I realize it was a floundering Pirates team tonight, It is nonetheless a monumental achievement. Just a magical season.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Further celebration breakdown...Bronson hauling the gatorade bucket on the field to douse Bailey.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

What a year this has been. Something just feels different.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Reds used to show all away games on TV (since late 50's) these are the games that might have been on TV

August 19, 1965 Jim MaloneyŁ (1) at Cubs
    July 29, 1968 George Culver @ Phillies

I'm betting Maloney's was on Chicago TV for sure
    Watched the Seaver game in person, but watched Browning's on TV as well as two of Maloney's being on TV, but I couldn't watch so I listened.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

At the bar. Missed the game. Drunk, emotional. Trying not to cry. Let's win the damn World Series and roll the end credits on the best summer of our lives.

"I'm not live on the air, am I?"

Good one, Jim Day
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Wish Dusty had been there. Just saying.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

So the Reds have a chance to pull down a no-hitter and a 20-game winner in the same weekend. These are good times.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Wish Dusty had been there. Just saying.
    So true.

Turn Off Ads?