Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Homer!!!!

Re: Homer!!!!

Speechless!!! Single greatest Reds game moment since...? Thrilled to have tuned in tonight.

Some of my non-Reds fan friends brought up a good point too. They were equally if not more impressed with his humbleness after the game. He was tipping his cap to AJ, the defense and Hanigan first and seemed very genuine. Remember when there were reports of maturity issues surrounding Bailey? Sounds like he's now a man and a humble one.

Amazing amazing game and well done, Mr. Bailey!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am just about speechless. I was a nervous wreck during the last 2 innings. What an AMAZING game by Homer. That was incredible to be able to witness that.

-Matt

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Don't remember Browning's game on TV (locally)... only the radio broadcast...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 21-17
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Incredible! Congrats Homer, that was amazing to watch. Just another special moment in what has been a special season. Keep it going boys!
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Same. Remember listening to it (late) in my dorm room (freshman year of college)...they waited out a lengthy rain delay to start that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Tom Browning's perfect game was on TV - whole family was in the living room watching that game!
    I was working at a radio station that night, so I missed it. This one going into the playoffs feels really special.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Yes I totally missed Browning's game. No TV that I remember a long rain delay and that was also the night of the opening of the 1988 Summer Olympics

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Haha Fanatic. I just watched you edit that from 2008 to 1998 to 1988. At least you finally got it right! Ha.

That was awesome. That man has matured and man, it shows, not just in his pitching, but how he carries himself. You done us all proud tonight, Homer!

The whole bottom of the 9th inning with Marty on the call: http://www.espn1530.com/player/?mid=22486884

Grounds crew also digging up home plate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Grounds crew also digging up home plate as well.
    But not for Homer.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I'm so happy for Homer Bailey. He's been up and down so much but I have always believed he had a big moment like this in him.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

The pitching rubber and home plate are not going to be given to Homer...it's the first no hitter at PNC park and the first no-hitter against the pirates is over 40 years. I guess it's going in a display at PNC park...
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Turn Off Ads?