Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Postseason scheduling

Postseason scheduling

We touch on this everywhere but I thought it might be nice to have a central repository for playoff scheduling information.

Current schedule listing here:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp?y=12

My first question is this: does anyone have *any* sense of what times the NLDS games are going to be played? I realize this is a total crapshoot because nobody knows what time zones they're going to be in or who is playing on what days yet. I just wondered if anyone could offer any insight based on previous seasons.

I'm going to be on airplanes for a good chunk of October, the first two series particularly, and I am just losing my mind. The sooner I can get any ducks in a row, the better.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Postseason scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    We touch on this everywhere but I thought it might be nice to have a central repository for playoff scheduling information.

Current schedule listing here:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp?y=12

My first question is this: does anyone have *any* sense of what times the NLDS games are going to be played? I realize this is a total crapshoot because nobody knows what time zones they're going to be in or who is playing on what days yet. I just wondered if anyone could offer any insight based on previous seasons.

I'm going to be on airplanes for a good chunk of October, the first two series particularly, and I am just losing my mind. The sooner I can get any ducks in a row, the better.
    On the TV Schedule TBS has listed some tentative times though these can be adjusted as they know what time zone different games will be played in.

For example Friday right now they have scheduled as 6 and 9:30 for the wild card games.

Saturday they have games scheduled at 6 and 9:30.

Sunday they have games currently scheduled at 3:30, 7, and 10:30 and MLB Network has a game at 4.

Monday they have games at 6 and 9:30.

So tentatively those are the times they have scheduled. But for instance if they are no west coast teams a particular day they would adjust the times.

I do think if the Reds end up in San Francisco this weekend there is a good chance the Reds will be in those late night games unless Oakland also host games this weekend in which case they may go into that spot.

That is extremely helpful, thank you!!

Here's a link to some TBS/MLBN schedule info:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012...d-mlb-network/

Based on past scheduling I think what they will do if say all the teams a particular day are east coast teams they may adjust the times to instead of 6 and 9:30 to 5 and 8:30. So that schedule will give you a general idea but they do adjust a little as needed.

TBS tends to put most of their games either night or late afternoon. You don't see many early afternoon playoff games since TBS took over though it looks like MLB Network may do one Wednesday the 10th.

The Reds first home game will either be Tuesday the 9th if they are a second seed or Wedneday the 10th if they get the top seed.

Also looking at that full schedule October 21st has the potential to be a huge sports day in Cincinnati. They have game 6 of the NLCS listed as an afternoon game. That is the same day the Bengals host the Steelers on Sunday Night football.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Also looking at that full schedule October 21st has the potential to be a huge sports day in Cincinnati. They have game 6 of the NLCS listed as an afternoon game. That is the same day the Bengals host the Steelers on Sunday Night football.
    I'm looking at this and thinking that this just has the potential to be the worst day of my entire life.

Those WC play-in games, while I'm not crazy about the 2nd WC philosophically, that certainly sets up a very exciting one game play-in. Watching the Braves and Cards duke it out has the potential for some high drama. I think if you are going to have a WC team, this is an improvement to reward the division winners and "penalize" the WC team.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Here are the first set of game times released for Friday and Saturday and for a potential game tomorrow that does not look likely at this point:

The game times will be as follows:

Thursday, Oct. 4: NYY @ BAL (If Necessary), 7:10 p.m. ET, TBS
    Friday, Oct. 5: NL Wild Card game, STL at ATL, 5:07 p.m. ET, TBS
    Friday, Oct. 5: AL Wild Card game, 8:37 p.m. ET, TBS
    Saturday, Oct. 6: ALDS Game 1, at Detroit, 6:07 p.m. ET, TBS
    Saturday, Oct. 6: NLDS Game 1, CIN at SF, 9:37 p.m. ET, TBS

So will we know some more game times today since there are no one game playoff games or do we still have to wait until the Wild Card games are over tomorrow?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    So will we know some more game times today since there are no one game playoff games or do we still have to wait until the Wild Card games are over tomorrow?
    I agree, this is crucial, especially for those of us travelling in from out of town.

I wonder how much of a Reds contingent we shall see out in SF?

Worth The Wait

No surprise that MLB drags their feet on this.... There is no reason they can't have things set for Sunday already... If there was a possible WC home game involved, I'd understand waiting, but as it stands now, they should have it figured out prior to Friday's games. Not a big enough disparity in potential start times between the eastern and central time zones

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    I agree, this is crucial, especially for those of us travelling in from out of town.

I wonder how much of a Reds contingent we shall see out in SF?
    Getting tickets will be a drag, the Giants are the flavor of the month in the Bay Area and that means the'll be poring in from the south, north and east... people in Panda and Giraffe hats, and teenage girls yelling for Buster.

Such a short window is keeping me from going down (well and my Wife's Bday next week)

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    No surprise that MLB drags their feet on this.... There is no reason they can't have things set for Sunday already... If there was a possible WC home game involved, I'd understand waiting, but as it stands now, they should have it figured out prior to Friday's games. Not a big enough disparity in potential start times between the eastern and central time zones
    Yes they should but you know the MLB rolls. Make it as hard as you can for the fans to know when their teams plays. The 10:30 pm slot is the only one the Reds/Giants game fits into Sunday night. Oakland will play in Detroit. So the other west coast option is out. Unless they want the Rangers to start a game at 9:30 local time.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Yes they should but you know the MLB rolls. Make it as hard as you can for the fans to know when their teams plays. The 10:30 pm slot is the only one the Reds/Giants game fits into Sunday night. Oakland will play in Detroit. So the other west coast option is out. Unless they want the Rangers to start a game at 9:30 local time.
    Is that 10:30 slot set in stone or can it be modified? I hope so in order to not be a total zombie at work on Monday.

That being said, I'm not holding my breath since the game's in SF, which makes for a tidy 7:30 local start time.

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Is that 10:30 slot set in stone or can it be modified? I hope so in order to not be a total zombie at work on Monday.

That being said, I'm not holding my breath since the game's in SF, which makes for a tidy 7:30 local start time.
    Not set in stone, but only seems logical at this point. I may be one of the few people rooting hard for it to be the late start. Later the better for me. Watch the NFL all day then go through the evening routine with the kiddos...get them in bed in time for first pitch. Perfect.

Turn Off Ads?