Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Postseason scheduling

Re: Postseason scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    ^The NLCS is exclusively on Fox, correct? If so, there is no chance they will play an afternoon game on a Sunday considering their NFL coverage.
    Yes it is on Fox but they have no late afternoon games scheduled so that day I believe they are planning on showing the NLCS late afternoon as the ALCS would be shown that night if it went the full 7 games. If the ALCS was over then the NLCS may get shifted to night.

That is also the Sunday that could be a very busy sports day in Cincinnati as the Bengals host the Steelers on Sunday Night Football that night as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If necessary, Wednesday’s @SFGiants @Reds Game 4 would start at 4:07pmET on @MLB_TBS. #Reds #Giants

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    If necessary, Wednesday’s @SFGiants @Reds Game 4 would start at 4:07pmET on @MLB_TBS. #Reds #Giants
    Not sure if I can make that one or not. My wife & I have plans for that evening, but it's downtown too, so maybe I'll make the game and meet her & our friends afterwards.

Or let's sweep the Giants and make it a moot point.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    The rest of Wednesday's schedule has finally been released

Cards - Nationals game 3 will be at 1:07 ET on MLB Network
    Reds - Giants game 4 (if necessary) at 4:07 ET on TBS
    Yankees - Orioles game 3 at 7:37 ET on TBS (would shift to 8:37 ET if both the Reds and Tigers sweep)
    A's - Tigers game 4 (if necessary) at 9:37 ET on TNT

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Yes it is on Fox but they have no late afternoon games scheduled so that day I believe they are planning on showing the NLCS late afternoon as the ALCS would be shown that night if it went the full 7 games. If the ALCS was over then the NLCS may get shifted to night.

That is also the Sunday that could be a very busy sports day in Cincinnati as the Bengals host the Steelers on Sunday Night Football that night as well.
    Yep, good call on that. I will be at the Redskins-Giants game that day so hopefully we have either won the series already or the ALCS doesn't go 7

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

It might be good if the ALCS goes seven, and every one of them is about 15 innings.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The rest of Wednesday's schedule has finally been released

Cards - Nationals game 3 will be at 1:07 ET on MLB Network
    Reds - Giants game 4 (if necessary) at 4:07 ET on TBS
    Yankees - Orioles game 3 at 7:37 ET on TBS (would shift to 8:37 ET if both the Reds and Tigers sweep)
    A's - Tigers game 4 (if necessary) at 9:37 ET on TNT
    Man I hate how the Yankees get prime tv slots even in the playoffs.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I didn't realize that the schedule sucks for me the next two days. Being on the west coast, I will be at work. Hopefully, my android phone will stream the audio well. I get spotty 3G connection at work.

The Thursday and Friday schedule has been released:

Thursday:

Giants at Reds Game 5 (if necessary) 1:07 ET TBS
    Cards at Nationals Game 4 4:07 ET TBS (would shift an hour later if A's series is over before Thursday)
    Orioles at Yankees Game 4 7:37 ET TBS (would shift an hour later if A's series is over before Thursday)
    Tigers at A's Game 5 (if necessary) 9:37 ET TNT

Friday

Orioles at Yankees Game 5 (if necessary) 5:07 ET TBS (would shift to 7:07 ET if Cards - Nationals series over before Friday)
    Cards at Nationals Game 5 (if necessary) 8:37 ET TBS

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Ugh seeing that time for a possible game 5 just makes me want to see us win tomorrow even more. They are really going to broadcast that game at 10 am Pacific, 1 pm eastern? What a way to give the middle finger to both fan bases. Deciding game 5 and no one will be able to watch. I'm beyond seething right now.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Game 5's should be in prime time. But no. Can't inconvienance the Yankees and make them play a 1 pm game.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    Ugh seeing that time for a possible game 5 just makes me want to see us win tomorrow even more. They are really going to broadcast that game at 10 am Pacific, 1 pm eastern? What a way to give the middle finger to both fan bases. Deciding game 5 and no one will be able to watch. I'm beyond seething right now.
    I agree 100%. Outside of yesterday's 5:30 start, these game times have been brutal. 9:30 start times? How do kids here watch the games? Great way to grow the future fan base! Idiots. I watched the last 5 innings of the first two games at 6:00 a.m. on dvr. And now they've scheduled game 5 at 1:00 with a West Coast team? Good thinking.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I'll never buy playoff tickets through the Reds and my 20 game pack again.

Not knowing when the games are until 48 hours before wreaks havoc. I have, like many, an inflexible work schedule. I bought tickets to all 3 games, and cannot attend any of them, since not a single game was played after work hours (ie- 7p start), or on a weekend.

I'll go the StubHub route next time, if the Reds ever again play a home playoff game that I can actually attend. Lesson learned.
    sorry we're boring

Playing this decisive game at 1 pm is just sheer stupidity. Decisive games should be in prime time. At the very least it should have been switched with the Nationals game. I know why they are doing it but it still doesn't make it right. Just another reason why baseball turns off some people. I won't be able to see or even listen to much of this game live. I have things planned I have to got to at work today and I will be commuting home during the latter end of the game. I will get home about the time it is over.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?