Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Postseason scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Not set in stone, but only seems logical at this point. I may be one of the few people rooting hard for it to be the late start. Later the better for me. Watch the NFL all day then go through the evening routine with the kiddos...get them in bed in time for first pitch. Perfect.
    We do agree that it's good it wouldn't conflict with the NFL games (except the last part of this Sunday night's dud.)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Postseason scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Getting tickets will be a drag, the Giants are the flavor of the month in the Bay Area and that means the'll be poring in from the south, north and east... people in Panda and Giraffe hats, and teenage girls yelling for Buster.

Such a short window is keeping me from going down (well and my Wife's Bday next week)
    You'd think tickets would be a pretty good birthday present.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    You'd think tickets would be a pretty good birthday present.
    My wife's interest in baseball is minute at best.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Is that 10:30 slot set in stone or can it be modified? I hope so in order to not be a total zombie at work on Monday.

That being said, I'm not holding my breath since the game's in SF, which makes for a tidy 7:30 local start time.
    I had the good fortune of living in Boston and working downtown during the 2004 postseason where it seemed like every game finished at 1 in the morning. Nobody was sleeping, and drivers had problems staying off the sidewalks. This went on for about a month or so it seemed.
    Stick to your guns.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    My wife's interest in baseball is minute at best.
    I know how that feels. She went to one game with me and she got up to go to the concession stand with the bases loaded in a tie game.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I know how that feels. She went to one game with me and she got up to go to the concession stand with the bases loaded in a tie game.
    My wife usually takes some magazines to look at when she goes with me. She normally has no idea of what's happening on the field or understands it. I had to explain to her the concept of a batting order. She thought Votto should bat every time. I had to tell her didn't work that way. Although I wish it would sometimes.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Is that 10:30 slot set in stone or can it be modified? I hope so in order to not be a total zombie at work on Monday.

That being said, I'm not holding my breath since the game's in SF, which makes for a tidy 7:30 local start time.
    It probably can be modified a little. All four games are that day. My TV guide had games starting at noon and pretty much falling into 3 1/2 hour window the rest of the day. This is one of the few times a late start would work out for me. We are going to be out doing some things Sunday and probably won't get home until about 10 pm or so. I'm off Monday for the holiday but do have a Drs. appointment at 8:30 am. He will just have to draw some blood from me while I'm asleep.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Kinda irked about the 10:30 thing myself. I've got 8 AMs on Monday. Ugh. Still... playoff baseball!!
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Here's a link to some TBS/MLBN schedule info:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012...d-mlb-network/
    If I were a betting man, I would bet the Yankees will play at 7 on Sunday and 6 on Monday. I would also guess the Reds will play at 6 on Tuesday. I doubt they would make the Giants play at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Basically, pencil the Yankees in for every prime time spot possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Yes I am surprised they have not released a schedule for game times past Saturday. It makes it hard on the fans to make plans when you don't have a clue outside guessing what the schedule is going to be.

At this point I think they must be waiting until the wild card games are done tonight to release the rest of the schedule. Tuesday at 6 I think is almost a guarantee. As far as Sunday goes 10:30 makes the most sense if they keep the schedule where they try to have just one playoff game going at the same time. Occasionally they will have multiple games going on the same time on different networks but usually they won't do that if they can avoid it. Putting the game in San Francisco on in the late time slot is the only way to avoid multiple games scheduled at the same time.

If MLB is making us wait this long, I just wish they would issue a release telling us when the times will be announced. With the Twitter world, you wouldn't think this would be that hard.....
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Here's the schedule through Tuesday. Argh! Our game starts at 5:37. My wife has a meeting at 5 and we were going to go down from there. This is ticking me off. Already have a scheduling conflict for both Wednesday and Thursday that I'm trying to work around and these dopes stick it to me on the Tuesday game.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...hrough-tuesday
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

That is way too late to be starting a playoff baseball game. It may not be over until 1 am on the East Coast.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

MLB.com is listing the start time for Sunday at 9:30 pm and for Tuesday at 5:37 pm.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp?y=12
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 10-05-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    MLB.com is listing the start time for Sunday at 9:30 pm and for Tuesday at 6 pm.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp?y=12
    Looks like Tuesday is listed as 5:30pm, not 6:00pm.

Turn Off Ads?