Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Postseason scheduling

Re: Postseason scheduling

Here is the schedule through Tuesday:

Friday: NL wild-card game, 5:07 p.m. ET; AL wild-card game, 8:37 p.m. ET

Saturday: ALDS Game 1, A's at Tigers, 6:07 p.m. ET; NLDS Game 1, Reds at Giants, 9:37 p.m. ET

Sunday: ALDS Game 2, A's at Tigers, 12:07 p.m. ET; NLDS Game 1, Nationals at Cardinals/Braves, 3:07 p.m. ET; ALDS Game 1, Yankees at Orioles/Rangers, 6:15 p.m. ET; NLDS Game 2, Reds at Giants, 9:37 p.m. ET

Monday: NLDS Game 2, Nationals at Cardinals/Braves, 4:37 p.m. ET; ALDS Game 2, Yankees at Orioles/Rangers, 8:07 p.m. ET

Tuesday: NLDS Game 3, Giants at Reds, 5:37 p.m. ET; ALDS Game 3, Tigers at A's, 9:07 p.m. ET

All games except for Sunday's A's-Tigers game are on TBS; Game 2 of the ALDS will be on MLB Network.
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 10-05-2012 at 10:56 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

While they just realeased the schedule through Tuesday I think Wednesday will have a very similar schedule to Sunday as there may be up to 4 games that day. On Wednesday look for the Reds game to be in one of the afternoon spots and that day the Yankees will probably have a similar spot and the A's would be the late game.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

There was a time when you didn't have to have cable tv to watch the playoffs. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    There was a time when you didn't have to have cable tv to watch the playoffs. *sigh*
    This has been a gripe of mine since TBS started doing the first round playoffs. I wish MLB would push to require a local over-the-air broadcast. Of course, in the years when we weren't in the playoff, I wrote MLB once and told them, the week hiatus of missing this round diminished my desire to follow everything through.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

There was also a time when there was no cable or satellite and only 4 teams made the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    There was also a time when there was no cable or satellite and only 4 teams made the playoffs.
    And a time when you could only watch one game a week on a Saturday afternoon. Most people have access to cable,satellite or Internet to watch the games now. So they will never go back to the days of only over the air broadcasts.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Looks like Tuesday is listed as 5:30pm, not 6:00pm.

Oops! You are correct it is 5:30 pm. I had 6 on the brain for some reason.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Oops! You are correct it is 5:30 pm. I had 6 on the brain for some reason.
    Looks like 5:37 pm to be exact. I will be there!

There was also a time the Reds couldn't afford a 225 MM contract.

Does anyone know when the start times for potential games four and five will be announced? Obviously, I hope neither is necessary, but I need to make work arrangements if we don't sweep tomorrow.

Nothing yet but my guess is game 4 Wednesday would depend on what happens with game 3 between Detroit and Oakland tomorrow night.

If Detroit sweeps Oakland away there should be a primetime slot open that may very well go to us considering it would be a potential closeout game and it involves a west coast team. If Oakland stays alive, they get the late slot Wednesday leaving us to play at 5:37 again.

My official guess:

Oakland wins tomorrow: Reds play at 5:37 Wednesday
    Oakland loss tomorrow: Reds play at 8:37 Wednesday
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Nothing yet but my guess is game 4 Wednesday would depend on what happens with game 3 between Detroit and Oakland tomorrow night.

If Detroit sweeps Oakland away there should be a primetime slot open that may very well go to us considering it would be a potential closeout game and it involves a west coast team. If Oakland stays alive, they get the late slot Wednesday leaving us to play at 5:37 again.

My official guess:

Oakland wins tomorrow: Reds play at 5:37 Wednesday
    Oakland loss tomorrow: Reds play at 8:37 Wednesday
    Actually if it gets to Wednesday I really expect a day game. Keep in mind Wednesday could be another full day of games like yesterday. As Wednesday will also have game 3 of the Nationals-Cards and Orioles-Yankees.

MLB Network is covering one game on Wednesday and tentatively they have a game scheduled at noon. I thought I read somewhere were MLB was supposed to give 48 hours notice on game times. So I think we will see something today at least on potential Wednesday times. It may be one of those tentative schedules where the time may shift based on different series possibly ending.
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 10-08-2012 at 11:33 AM.

IF the Reds advance, am I right in thinking it is yet unknown whether we will host Games 1-2 and 6-7 or 3-5 of the NLCS? Assuming if Cards win we have homefield advantage but if Nats win we don't. Debating whether to fly to Cincy the weekend of Oct 20 Thurs-Sun or Fri-Mon...
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    IF the Reds advance, am I right in thinking it is yet unknown whether we will host Games 1-2 and 6-7 or 3-5 of the NLCS? Assuming if Cards win we have homefield advantage but if Nats win we don't. Debating whether to fly to Cincy the weekend of Oct 20 Thurs-Sun or Fri-Mon...
    Yes that is correct is the Reds advance and the Nationals win their series the Nationals would have home field advantage:

So the Nationals would host games Sunday October 14th and Monday October 15th

The Reds would have home games Wednesday October 17th, Thurs the 18th and Friday the 19th.

Then the Nationals would have potentially home games Sunday 21st and Monday the 22nd.

If the Reds advance and the Cardinals win their series the schedule would be reversed.

In that case

So the Reds would host games Sunday October 14th and Monday October 15th

The Cards would have home games Wednesday October 17th, Thurs the 18th and Friday the 19th.

Then the Reds would have potentially home games Sunday 21st and Monday the 22nd.

We won't know the exact schedule until after both series.

A few things to keep in mind NLCS game 3 Wednesday the 17th will be an afternoon game. Also NLCS game 6 Sunday the 21st may possibly be an afternoon or night game.

Worth The Wait

^The NLCS is exclusively on Fox, correct? If so, there is no chance they will play an afternoon game on a Sunday considering their NFL coverage.

Turn Off Ads?