Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 214

Thread: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

  1. #196
    Public Enemy #1 Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,231

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    No offense, but the negativity to me seems unnecessary. It's been a great season. And if it continues deep into October, nobody will be talking about the offensive struggles. And if they don't, it's just a meaningless "told you so".
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #197
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,528

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Reds lose 4-2.

  4. #198
    Member kbrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    In a way, this is the beginnings of the playoff stretch. The Reds have a chance to possibly knock the Cardinals out of the playoffs. With the way the Cards are playing and with their October history, does anyone really want to see them in a week or two?

    The Reds could have done something about that this week.
    The Reds could sweep the Cards and still open with them in the playoffs. There is nothing the Reds can do about that. When you lose in the playoffs you go home and your season is over. This is nothing close to that.

  5. #199
    Member Reds/Flyers Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati USA
    Posts
    3,378

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    in a week or two? How about this weekend?
    Doubtful the Reds get the No. 1 seed, so we wouldn't see them again until the NLCS.

  6. #200
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,951

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I don't want to open wit 2 on the west coast.
    Oh, I do. I'd take the giants over Bush Stadium or Turner Field.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  7. #201
    Public Enemy #1 Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,231

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Also the Reds lost so we're bad again, if you are keeping track at home.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  8. #202
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,073

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Oh, I do. I'd take the giants over Bush Stadium or Turner Field.
    Good point, but I always fear the west coast.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  9. #203
    Member dman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio
    Posts
    1,385

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    This is my theme song for Reds playoff baseball:

    Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness (Official Music Video) - YouTube

  10. #204
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,157

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    No offense, but the negativity to me seems unnecessary. It's been a great season. And if it continues deep into October, nobody will be talking about the offensive struggles. And if they don't, it's just a meaningless "told you so".
    If this is directed at me at all, I want to emphasize that I think Cincinnati has as good of a chance at the title as anyone. If anything will bite them, it's the offense. Regardless, this is my favorite season since 99, and could very well end up my favorite ever. Concerns are legitimate, but they don't remove from the magic that is 2012.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

  11. #205
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,951

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Doubtful the Reds get the No. 1 seed, so we wouldn't see them again until the NLCS.
    We are tied with 2 games to play. It's not doubtful...there is a real chance.

    Saturday night....Bush stadium...no thanks.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  12. #206
    Member Reds/Flyers Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati USA
    Posts
    3,378

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Oh, I do. I'd take the giants over Bush Stadium or Turner Field.
    You'd take going to San Francisco and facing Matt Cain and then either Madison Bumgarner or Tim Lincecum as opposed to a pair of games in Turner Field against the Braves' Nos. 2 and 3 starters?

    It's a moot point really though: I don't think the Braves have a prayer of beating the Cards in the WC game. We've seen this STL horror movie before.

  13. #207
    Public Enemy #1 Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,231

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    If this is directed at me at all, I want to emphasize that I think Cincinnati has as good of a chance at the title as anyone. If anything will bite them, it's the offense. Regardless, this is my favorite season since 99, and could very well end up my favorite ever. Concerns are legitimate, but they don't remove from the magic that is 2012.
    Wasn't directed towards you, just a general statement towards the worry-warts.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  14. #208
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,951

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    If this is directed at me at all, I want to emphasize that I think Cincinnati has as good of a chance at the title as anyone. If anything will bite them, it's the offense. Regardless, this is my favorite season since 99, and could very well end up my favorite ever. Concerns are legitimate, but they don't remove from the magic that is 2012.
    I get what you are saying but the "magic" of 2012 does not make me feel warm and fuzzy. We are suppose to be here. This is not a Cinderella story. The whole point of winning a division is to put yourself in a position to win a World Series. That is what they are suppose to be playing for and that is why we watch.

    This season will be a disappointment if we don't at least make it to the NLCS.
    This is our time. The Future is now.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  15. #209
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,494

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    You'd take going to San Francisco and facing Matt Cain and then either Madison Bumgarner or Tim Lincecum as opposed to a pair of games in Turner Field against the Braves' Nos. 2 and 3 starters?

    It's a moot point really though: I don't think the Braves have a prayer of beating the Cards in the WC game. We've seen this STL horror movie before.
    The Braves have given up 43 runs fewer than the Giants this year. Hanson-Hudson-Medlen with that bullpen is no day at the picnic.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  16. #210
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,157

    Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I get what you are saying but the "magic" of 2012 does not make me feel warm and fuzzy. We are suppose to be here. This is not a Cinderella story. The whole point of winning a division is to put yourself in a position to win a World Series. That is what they are suppose to be playing for and that is why we watch.

    This season will be a disappointment if we don't at least make it to the NLCS.
    This is our time. The Future is now.
    Agreed on all points. But this season has been amazing for a long suffering fan base.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25